Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Synthetic motor oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:39 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: True Synthetic motor oil

Mr Ford's stealerships offer a choice between "a blend" and "full synthetic". I have no idea what those words actually mean, but I don't see the word "true" in any of their literature.

My first oil change they put in their standard blend. Next one I opted for Castrol Full Synthetic on a coupon deal. By the time I got there again, Castrol was no longer an option, so I chose Fords Full Synthetic. I'm operating on the possibly faulty premise that "more expensive = better". The few cents difference in cost doesn't matter that much. I reckon that if I have a warranty claim on any of the engine-lubricant dependent engine parts, I will have a useful token to put into play.

Otherwise, unless you are a daily racer, I can't see how "true" or "blend" makes a significant difference, except in deciding which stickers to put on the underside of your trunk lid.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Lt. Frank Bullitt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: Lt. Frank Bullitt

Pardon me? I'm not here to jump down anyone's throat. Perhaps you have some personal issues to resolve. Whatever the reason you have your nickers in a knot isn't my fault nor my problemand I in no way was jumping on you.

I just posted what I have found to be facts. Information you can accept or reject. Maters not to me. Not really interested in spending big money on RP or Redline because, in my opinion, I do not feel the cost is justified in a street vehicle. Mobil1 is perfectly safe in our engines as is semi-synthetics.
BTW, exactly what is "True" synthetic? PAO based? Where does PAO come from? I can tell you it is organic in origin and it too comes out of the ground.
I would like to know what people claim is a true synthetic if Mobil 1 is not by the definition a true synthetic. That's all Iwant to know. So far I have seen little factual data that tells me what a True synthetic is.
I will sort through Oil man Bob's site when I have more time.

Perhaps they think true synthetic oil is the oil dropped off by the aliens. But seriously, they get it out of the ground. change around a few molecules and walla, pure, 100%, out of the ground, organic, synthetic oil. It has to come from somewhere people, it has origins. Now back to the alien theory.......
I like that you see my point, even with the humor. lol
I can tell people that PAO actually comes from processing natural gas. Still an organic and still a hydrocarbon. Will they believe it or will they go on with the marketing spin BS about true synthetic?
If it didn't come from organic origins, then it would have to be alien as everything we are and all things around us is organic. Even man made substances came from organic origin. There is no other source except maybe it came to us from Roswell, New Mexico?????.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Pardon me? I'm not here to jump down anyone's throat. Perhaps you have some personal issues to resolve. Whatever the reason you have your nickers in a knot isn't my fault nor my problemand I in no way was jumping on you.

I just posted what I have found to be facts. Information you can accept or reject. Maters not to me. Not really interested in spending big money on RP or Redline because, in my opinion, I do not feel the cost is justified in a street vehicle. Mobil1 is perfectly safe in our engines as is semi-synthetics.
BTW, exactly what is "True" synthetic? PAO based? Where does PAO come from? I can tell you it is organic in origin and it too comes out of the ground.
I would like to know what people claim is a true synthetic if Mobil 1 is not by the definition a true synthetic. That's all Iwant to know. So far I have seen little factual data that tells me what a True synthetic is.
I will sort through Oil man Bob's site when I have more time.

Perhaps they think true synthetic oil is the oil dropped off by the aliens. But seriously, they get it out of the ground. change around a few molecules and walla, pure, 100%, out of the ground, organic, synthetic oil. It has to come from somewhere people, it has origins. Now back to the alien theory.......
I like that you see my point, even with the humor. lol
I can tell people that PAO actually comes from processing natural gas. Still an organic and still a hydrocarbon. Will they believe it or will they go on with the marketing spin BS about true synthetic?
If it didn't come from organic origins, then it would have to be alien as everything we are and all things around us is organic. Even man made substances came from organic origin. There is no other source except maybe it came to us from Roswell, New Mexico?????.

.....................which leads into my next question. Where did the aliens get it? Hmmmmm. I'm thinking the US military.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Mobil 1 reverted into a Group III oil and caused a big stir in the community demanding that the oild still be called synthetic, when the previous definitions didn't allow Group III oils to be classified as such. There was even a lawsuit filed against Mobil for making a false claim, which of course Mobil won (they have deep pockets afterall).