Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do they do it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

well i want to get something soon im goin nuts i havent gotten anythign in almost 2 months
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

lol ^ Im hoping to get something this Thursday or Friday!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:12 AM
mach1na
2nd Gear Member

+1^^ i haven't gotten anything for several months either and i'm on the verge of buying the CDC ducktail! FINALLY!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:39 AM
devilcaninex

Its a real simple one word answer....Marrige
Old 12-23-2008, 04:46 AM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nv4gt ws
how do people keep their stangs stock. i see older stangs going down the road bone stock, dont know how they control themselves.
No imagination.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:12 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Its hard to see people driving with stockers LOL I think to myself "Its GOTTA be a rental"
Some people just aren't into the whole modding thing and its cool...I let them be.

Now if I saw someone from this site with a stock mustang, THEN there'd be a problem LOL
Old 12-23-2008, 07:25 AM
it3vom
1st Gear Member

Why is it so bad to have a stock Mustang? If you have the money to spend on mods, more power to you. I personally would love to go crazy with mods, but it just doesn't fit in the budget. Damn money tree just won't grow!!

For some it is enough to just own a Mustang. I don't think this site's purpose is to cater to those looking for modding suggestions in the least. I have learned more about my stock Mustang from this site than I would have from the owner's manual so, for me, this site is a wealth of knowledge about the cars on a whole.

For those that have the funds to mod their stangs, I say keep it up. You all have great looking cars!! But, don't knock a guy because he is stock. Stepping off the soapbox. Focker out!!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:37 AM
ab
2nd Gear Member

I'm just broke. Right now.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nv4gt ws
how do people keep their stangs stock. i see older stangs going down the road bone stock, dont know how they control themselves.
There are several reasons, and they're not all about "controlling themselves".

For some people, the idea of keeping a car 100.000% original is its own appeal.

For others, cars have gotten enough better in most every respect that modding isn't necessary. "Bang for the buck" isn't there for everyone, and "just do it" isn't a good enough reason.

Being broke.

Some will upgrade when stuff breaks or wears out, but not before (a pretty good philosophy in today's economic climate).

Finding the time to do (or get done) any given mod gets in the way.

There are a few who will not modify in haste only to regret at leisure and additional cost. Those who have ever been married may recognize the older saying in there, but for the purposes of this discussion let's just say that not everybody is willing to just try something if there's a real possibility that they won't be entirely happy with it and end up wanting to do it all over again almost immediately.

And as mentioned, not everybody makes it obvious that they've modified their car either at all or by how much. Not all modding is done for the benefit of others. Over about a 40 year span, mine has never been, at least not much beyond what couldn't be helped. Guess you don't play poker.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 12-23-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:56 AM
kda1967
1st Gear Member

When you look at older cars that go for big money it is the ones that are completely original. For me the tempatation is too great & there are so many choices.