Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need clarity on mods options

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

almost all states have written laws against any mod to any exhaust system. im at work and kind of skimming through books. it is a deep buried law under about 6 parent laws. im pretty positive nobody cares for the most part and most sensible exhaust mods are fine. now run it right out some open headers, and im sure you will make it a couple of blocks. what state is OP in? make sure your state is one which does not require emissions testing. here in AZ, it goes by counties, not a state reg. and for the second half of your question, i am no expert in suspension at all, but i understand the control arm, both UCA and LCA are to control wheel hop. im sure i will get corrected on this but it gives you and idea in what they are and what they do.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:18 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
Ok. I like the New Edge body style. The S197 interior is no treat either. Problems with dark gauges, squeaky dash, rattles from doors, rattles from e-brake handle, rattles from vents, intrusive arm rest, non-full-leather seats (leather trim is a load of crap!).

Not to mention the separator plate buzz between the trans and engine, the high-release clutch which makes driving a pain, the computer drive interference, the retarded muffler setup,...etc.

As you can tell, I'm really frustrated with the car's design.
Dear God, where did they build you car, Mexico? Mine doesn't have any of those rattles and the roads here are so bad sometimes it feels more like I'm off-roading than driving.

Even if mine did rattle I'd prefer it to the Taurus-like interior of the '99-04's.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

Default HMmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
Ok. I like the New Edge body style. The S197 interior is no treat either. Problems with dark gauges, squeaky dash, rattles from doors, rattles from e-brake handle, rattles from vents, intrusive arm rest, non-full-leather seats (leather trim is a load of crap!).

Not to mention the separator plate buzz between the trans and engine, the high-release clutch which makes driving a pain, the computer drive interference, the retarded muffler setup,...etc.

As you can tell, I'm really frustrated with the car's design.

Is this the noise I am hearing when the radio is off and Im in second gear? Sounded like a very soft bearing going bad, but dissapears after every other gear. Just resonated in second through the shifter.....??

Sorry If I jacked this thread, but Ive been wanting an awnser on my 09 noise
Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dblex
Is this the noise I am hearing when the radio is off and Im in second gear? Sounded like a very soft bearing going bad, but dissapears after every other gear. Just resonated in second through the shifter.....??

Sorry If I jacked this thread, but Ive been wanting an awnser on my 09 noise
Yes! I'm positive!
Here is a pic of someone else's plate and you can see where the flywheel has been contacting it. The best fix I have found is to jam something between the oil pan and the plate to deaden the vibration some.
Attached Thumbnails Need clarity on mods options-rattleplate.jpg  
Old 03-07-2009, 01:41 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

it seems this thread got a lil off topic...
Old 03-07-2009, 03:39 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Back on topic
Read all about the new S197 and how its constructed HERE