Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 06:30 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Default FRPP Warranty

Just a quick heads up for folks with FRPP products... Seems as if Ford is tightening the belt WRT warranty claims.

A few days ago, my car developed an exhaust rattle. I could see what was wrong, but a cold snap made laying under the car unpleasant...so off to the dealer. Heck, I played by the rules:

1. Bought FRPP package from Ford.
2. Installed package via Ford dealer (same).

They left my new "Ford Racing Warranty" sheet on the passenger seat and I went on my way (this was 6 months ago).

Flash forward to today...I get a call back from the dealer I dropped the car off for service. Keep in mind, I told them it had the FRPP pack on it and where I bought it and installed it. He said, "...car is ready for pickup. Total is $98." A quick call back and I found out they would not honor the Racing Warranty at all. I called Ford's Regional Customer Service...same story. "Sorry sir, but without a faulty part, we cannot cover the repair. Thanks you for buying a Frod. Did you know we have a special 0% interest program now for return buyers?" Ummm...WRONG answer!

I called Ford Racing (now it is 4:58 and everyone closes at 5). I get ahold of Mutchell in Racing Warranty...props to Mitchell. He called the original installing dealer, verified the install and then called the dealer that had my car and told them to get their head out of their *** and zero my charges. He told me he was dumbfounded that they did not know to call Ford Racing...considering they are one of the largest Ford Racing dealers in the country.

Mitchell also told me that since 11/08 ALL FRPP warranty repairs need to have the part and VIN of the car entered into the cars VIN info and that can only be done via the dealer. Any parts not installed via the dealer have no coverage. He also said that Ford has REALLY tightened the belt on regular warranty repair...just fair warning.

This from a dealer that I have bought TWO new cars from in the last year alone! It is not like people are tripping over themselves to buy new cars right now...so much for customer service.

Then GET THIS. After Mitchell (Ford Racing) called me to appologize and tell me this never should have happened...the phone beeps and it is my repairing dealer. The service manager now informs me about the Ford service rating system and that I would be receiving a survey. He told me that all of my answers are related to his performace and that if I have any complaints to please not address them via the survey...

WHAT?!?!?! Are you freakin' kidding me?

SO, the short of it is...it IS covered...Ford Racing sorted it out (props to Mitchell) and I will be finding a new dealer.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

This is all so ridiculous. No wonder consumer spending in the automotive sector is way down...stupid crap like this is happening with alarming frequency.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out, illin.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:10 AM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
This is all so ridiculous. No wonder consumer spending in the automotive sector is way down...stupid crap like this is happening with alarming frequency.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out, illin.
The owner was there when I picked the car up at 730 last night. Once the service rep informed him that he looked us up and we had bought six cars there, he changed his tune an apologized. He didn't know I was one of his "valued customers".

Really? You didn't see your license plate frame on my car...or the dealer emblem?

He also stated he was not familiar with the FRPP warranty procedures, but promised me he would educate his staff. This from one of the largest FRPP retailers in the nation...

He then got in his GT500 and drove off...

I call BS!

At least I managed to accomplish one thing (well, technically two). The car IS fixed (a muffler hangar was rubbing against the frame). But more important is that I wont go back there anymore. No warranty work...and certainly no more car purchases.

Good luck with your 200K square foot showroom knucklehead...hope the economy swallows your *** whole. All of this for $98!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Thats why I cancelled my extended warranty....
Old 03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

That sucks. Most dealers don't have a clue when it comes to the FRPP stuff. My warranty is up in NOvember, I gotta get the car in for the hood paint bubbling, and my weatherstripping falling down on the driver's side that my purchasing dealer "fixed". They suck, I found a new dealer.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

At this rate, I can't wait until my warranty expires... it'll be freedom, of sorts.