Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks LT Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

1 issue though I have with the Kooks. They came full of metal grindings inside the tubes... we are talking layered with this ****... I had to wash them in the middle of the night... I used water. You can try using a string and towels to run em through, but I did not have the patience in the middle of the night!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:40 PM
comando2929
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by vasman
For those curious it took 2 evenings one 5pm to midnight and 3 pm to 7pm 1 person with sporadic assistance from the wife.

Had all right tools, no trips to the auto part store, and worked on Jacks. Having the experience now I think I would save may be 1 hour or 2.

I am glad I did it myself. My arms are shore and have consumed a lot of advil.

Marriage was tested around 11pm on the first day trying to hang the headers...
Was tested the next day again while trying to put the 3rd screw (the one on the top) of the starter...

But survived!
I'm on the verge of ordering some Kooks LTs myself and I gotta say, hearing this really makes me wanna do the install myself instead of going to a shop. I've done all my other mods myself and built several old mustangs, But I still cant decided if I wanna deal with the stress of making sure everything fits right.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Kooks fits great. No worries about that. I am like you the only thing I let a store do was my gears and it took them 5 to get it right...

I do what I can myself, not because I do not have the money, but I do not trust stores to do the right thing.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM
GA05GT
2nd Gear Member

Kooks fits great. No worries about that. I am like you the only thing I let a store do was my gears and it took them 5 to get it right...

I do what I can myself, not because I do not have the money, but I do not trust stores to do the right thing.
Likewise I do not trust them at all, I had 2 simple things installed on my car and I had to redo them both!

I cannot wait for mine to go in, UPS will be here tomorrow with the Headers! woo hoo! about a month since I have ordered them. I just hope the coater cleaned the inside of the tubes before coating them...
Plus my fiancé wants me to wait for more mods so I only tune it once... But the anticipation of looking at them in the garage, I dunno if I can wait. (save $$ or paitence?) lol

Any Vids? Check engine light? Etc.?
Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GA05GT
Likewise I do not trust them at all, I had 2 simple things installed on my car and I had to redo them both!

I cannot wait for mine to go in, UPS will be here tomorrow with the Headers! woo hoo! about a month since I have ordered them. I just hope the coater cleaned the inside of the tubes before coating them...
Plus my fiancé wants me to wait for more mods so I only tune it once... But the anticipation of looking at them in the garage, I dunno if I can wait. (save $$ or paitence?) lol

Any Vids? Check engine light? Etc.?
FYG. No engine light what so ever, no tuning required. (for my car with the bren 93 tune)
Old 05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

Since you lowered the k member you should get your alignment checked since it can move forwards and backwards quite a bit. I lowered mine to do my clutch and now the insides of my tires are bald and choppy. Congrats on the headers I love mine.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
GA05GT
2nd Gear Member

FYG. No engine light what so ever, no tuning required. (for my car with the bren 93 tune)
What!? for real? All I have heard is to tune after install, humm. For instance I have the Diablosport c&L tune 93 octane, so I would be fine?

Man this would be nice to save some $$ for a tune.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed said that most likely I will not have any codes and If I do I should run the car for a day and see what codes it gives me and then call them to adjust my tune. NO CODES.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by stang910
Since you lowered the k member you should get your alignment checked since it can move forwards and backwards quite a bit. I lowered mine to do my clutch and now the insides of my tires are bald and choppy. Congrats on the headers I love mine.
Thanks bro. I did not lower, I just disconnected/reconnected the bar. Not sure if that makes a difference, but as you said probably is worth the effort just to have the car checked. THANKS!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
GA05GT
2nd Gear Member

Interesting, good info. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Kooks LT Install