Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boomtubes installed...

Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah...boomtubes are pure secks. They sound freaking AMAZING with the stock exhaust manifold and stock midpipe/cats. They're a lot louder than my Corsas were too. Plus deeper and more throaty.

I added some Kooks longtubes and high-flow catted H. It made the idle louder and cooler sounding, almost like I have a mild cam.

The bad thing is under WOT and high RPMs, this setup is sounds a little out of control. It's hard to describe but IMO WOT high RPMs with boomtubes sounded better with stock exhaust. Everywhere else though it sounds better than stock with headers/high-flows. Plus I picked up some nice power.

But, I'm very happy with this setup and I seriously doubt I'll change the exhaust again. I get a lot more looks now than I did with the boomtubes alone for sure.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayStar86
I would not recommend the boomtubes with any kind of setup without cats.... it will be retarded loud at that point IMO.... and even with the catted X I still wouldn't do it... cuz the boomtubes give off a sound more reminiscent of a h pipe setup exhaust... so maybe with a catted h pipe they would compliment the setup.
loud is a matter of opinion. IMO too loud is open headers or all straight pipe. LT's. o/r x pipe and boomtubes sounds pretty dam good to me. i ran that setup for almost 2 years until i wanted something even louder and went to straight pipes and that WAS too loud. but how does LT's, o/r x pipe and boomtubes sound? like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6YB9vv63dE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i7hJ...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBVhK...eature=related

Now, is that too loud?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

onederful, what kind of LT's do you have? I like the sound of your headers...the way they pulse and sound deep.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
onederful, what kind of LT's do you have? I like the sound of your headers...the way they pulse and sound deep.
they are BBK LT's and BBK o/r x pipe. the LT's are 1 5/8, and the o/r x pipe is 2 3/4, could be the x pipe that makes them sound deep, but i'm sure the LT's help too.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:14 AM
JayStar86

Originally Posted by onederful100
loud is a matter of opinion. IMO too loud is open headers or all straight pipe. LT's. o/r x pipe and boomtubes sounds pretty dam good to me. i ran that setup for almost 2 years until i wanted something even louder and went to straight pipes and that WAS too loud. but how does LT's, o/r x pipe and boomtubes sound? like this:

Now, is that too loud?
like you said loud is a matter of opinion... my car is a daily driver and L/T's with an O/R pipe of any kind combined with boomtubes will be too loud... but again thats my opinion.... im not saying it wont sound good... just saying its gunna be too loud for a daily driver car....

When I do have the flow Im probably gunna do the MAC L/T Headers and Prochamber on my car and weld in some high flow cats and run the boomtubes for a week or so with that setup and see how I like it... if its too loud then I will sell/trade the boomtubes for a quieter chambered style muffler... or now that I'm thinking about it I could try resonators couldnt I?