Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridiculously pleased with myself

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default Ridiculously pleased with myself

I am ridiculously pleased with myself - do feel free to make fun of me though, because its amazingly simple and self-explanatory - I learned how to change out the wipers on my 06 GT yesterday, with no help from anyone. Sorta. I love Google.

I know this sounds so simple, and I'm not a stranger to working on my own cars, but that was one thing I didn't have a clue how to do. I even figured out the right length of the wipers on my own, and faster than the guys at the parts store figured it out. (WHERE do they get these guys? DOOFUSES! GAH!)

I'm also glad I have men in my life that encourage me to learn how to do stuff like that myself, rather than tell me to go clean the kitchen and get dinner cooking while they do it. (dad, brother, husband, uncle, grandfather) LOL

Anyway. Thought I'd share.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Ghosthorse, you have NO idea how many MEN out there can't (and WON'T) do something that simple themselves. I'm proud of you!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Acerbus
1st Gear Member

Could you please post the links that helped you?

I don't know how to change mine and they are starting to get spongy.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default Youtube!

I love Youtube! I actually own an Indian Sari (dress) as well - and I learned how to wear it through watching youtube videos!

ANYWAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJN7NqkUd1k

That's the vid. MonkeySee videos! I changed my entire wiper, by the way, not just the blades. Mine had never been changed, and they were reallly hard to slide off, but once I lost my fear of tearing something up, or worse - pinching a blood blister on my fingers - I got the job done.

My husband was actually kinda proud of me - because it meant he didn't have to fool with it himself, and never will again!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default While I'm thinking about it...

Last October I fixed our Maytag front load uber washer... it wouldn't drain or spin out a load...

My husband was under a Jeep, working on it when I told him what it was doing, all I could see where his legs jerk a bit, a wrench got thrown down, and he started muttering about how we weren't going to be able to afford our vacation in Florida, blah blah blah. One should never bring another problem to someone under a car, odds are, they don't want to hear it! His reaction was not pretty.

So, scared we'd miss out on our trip, I marched back up the hill to the house, got on the internet, found a DIY website, and finally got a troubleshooting list of things to look for.

Back down the hill I go to the shop, gather up ratchet, sockets, screwdrivers, and a hammer (just in case). Husband says from under the Jeep - uuuhhh? What are going to do with that stuff, exactly. Me: I'm fixin' my washer. I'll be dam&^% if I miss out on Florida! and about a half hour later had the entire pump pulled out, said pump taken completely apart, and out fell a grey Lego! I put it all back together, and it worked PERFECT! WHO KNOWS what a repairman would have wanted to work on it, because all the usual places to look for blockages were clear - I took the pump completely apart for giggles... Anyone else would have assumed the pump had gone out, because when you shook it, it didn't rattle or anything and you couldn't see the Lego down in there.

I've fixed it two other times since then. I just wish my 7 year old would quit sticking Legos in his pockets