Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 05:57 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Replacing rear deck speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
ok I'm back lol................sad to report fastdew is right! no speakers...but fordeng.....I went into the engineering mode and is that cool, gauges go crazy, buzz, I love the fact you can bring up water temp in numbers, see real tach rpms, and the one test that lights up the whole gauge console with every warning light there is in car really lights her up, explain the fuel level what's telling us, then was another said date of manufacture?, but it's cool

if you get a vert model they are in that place since the top removes the rear deck.

also yes while there are only 6 visible speakers all the car companys are playing this stupid game that a tweeter even when attached to another speaker, counts as two speakers. So you get 8 speakers by....

2 speakers in the doors, which have tweeters, so theres 4 speakers total since ford plays this game, then the 2 on rear deck or on that panal if you have a vert. Really its 6 speakers. But all car companies do this now.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
if you get a vert model they are in that place since the top removes the rear deck.
Now that makes sense. I wasn't thinking of the vert. So the manual that FordEngineer posted is correct, for the vert. Got it now.....Thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
Now that makes sense. I wasn't thinking of the vert. So the manual that FordEngineer posted is correct, for the vert. Got it now.....Thanks!
Yeah, that explains it. Thanks to Rollin Thunder and to FE for the info.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
Replacing the rear speakers is easy work . what i did was take out the rear deck cover cut 2 holes out so the new speakers wouldn't be covered like the factory ones. I mounted exact fit pioneer 3 ways to the metal deck lid. I bought 6x9 speaker grilles and mounted them over the holes i cut out in the speaker cover. That's all there is to it.
Got pics?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by USAF in Germany
I will document the rear deck speaker install with pics, since it doesn't seem to exist on the web. There will probably be a few pics of me cursing and pulling my hair. Just ignore those
Did you ever do this by any chance? Could certainly use this right now
Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
Did you ever do this by any chance? Could certainly use this right now
I did! I believe I uoloaded the images on my Internet page, but if not, they are gone. My laptop I was using at the time went **** up. I'll check and post back. It was really pretty easy. The hardest part was pulling the rear side panels.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:53 AM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

excellent I would appreciate that!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

dont do what dominant did it will look like garbage. if you just remove the door sills (on both sides), then take out the seats (bottom first), then the rear side panels even the panels around the quarter windows u will be able to take the rear decklid panel out without BENDING it then you cant remove the 7mm bolts holding the speakers in and replace them and dont worry if you cant get all four bolts back in because three will hold just fine but if you can put some velcro or something else up under the corner that wont have the bolt in it to keep it from rattling. i have done this to two 2010 mustangs and also im a installer at car stereo/video store so i know what im talking about
Old 01-30-2011, 04:19 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

+1. That's exactly how I did it. After removing the sills, I took the rear bottom seat cushions out, folded the backs down, and took the screws out holding the side panels out. Then carefully slid the side panels forward, allowing me to then pull the deck panel forward. I installed the speakers and put it all back together. [ QUOTE=JWButler14;7395238]dont do what dominant did it will look like garbage. if you just remove the door sills (on both sides), then take out the seats (bottom first), then the rear side panels even the panels around the quarter windows u will be able to take the rear decklid panel out without BENDING it then you cant remove the 7mm bolts holding the speakers in and replace them and dont worry if you cant get all four bolts back in because three will hold just fine but if you can put some velcro or something else up under the corner that wont have the bolt in it to keep it from rattling. i have done this to two 2010 mustangs and also im a installer at car stereo/video store so i know what im talking about[/QUOTE]
Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 PM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

Damnit, now I want to replace the stock speakers in my car!!!!!!!!!!!