Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 mustang claustrophic? Help please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 05:12 PM
fragstertx
1st Gear Member

Default RE: '05 mustang claustrophic? Help please...

I drive my '05 GT 5-speed everyday and have no issues with visibility or blind spots. As everyone here has said, you get used to the car. Now when I drive the Civic LX I used to drive everyday, it feels weird and not "right". The 5-speed on the mustang is the best one I've ever used but I haven't had a sports car in 20 years. The Civic is a 5-speed and I can barely drive it now because I expect the clutch to engage about 4" of clutch travel before it actually does. I used to think the Civic was tight and "fun to drive" but there is no comparison of course. Once you've had Mustang-itus, you can't go back.

I do have the little round mirrors on my side-views because I like to see my tires and the lines when I'm backing into a parking spot. I also use those mirrors almost exclusively when changing lanes. I have never felt that the car didn't have good visibility but did experience the "low seat, high hood" issue when I first got in it. Thank god for height adjustable seats. My 5'7" self needs it.

I have noticed that lately (I've had my car since Father's Day) I prefer a more reclined driving position than I did before, probably due to just getting comfortable with the handling, etc. I'm very comfortable backing into parking spots now, too. All in all, I have no issues with the visibility and driveabilty of the car. I just hope the durabilty part pleases, too.