Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could change something on the 05 you have

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:19 PM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

Default RE: If you could change something on the 05 you have

After driving for a few days, my latest quirk is the shiny trim around the gauges and vents. It looks nice, but it has a bad habit of reflecting in the windshield and it's distracting, especially at night.

I think it's a given that we all love our cars. I'm sure we would not be dropping the cash for them if we didn't. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone here who "hates" their 2005 Mustang because it doesn't have bigger map pockets. It's little nitpicking from consumers that eventually makes it's way back to the people who can look at these issues and try to address them. It's a brand new design, and it has room for refinement. A forum like this is a great place to give suggestions.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:57 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Well said S.Subzero...there's always room for improvment!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:45 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I think people are forgetting that most of these options has never been offered on the previous Mustangs. Those options are the automatic headlights, automatic dimming mirror with compass and outside temp etc. This is supposed to be sport car and not a luxury car. While I admit there are few things that has changed or even been deleted from the previous years, this is still one great car.
Absolutely, but if you wonder why the 'big three' US car makers are getting their butts kicked by the Japanese markets it's 'the little things' that have 'never been on previous versions'. You don't see Honda or some of the others offering employee pricing on their stuff, 0% 60 month financing, or other things.

And, keep in mind, everyone on here commenting on things ALSO bought one, so they're not all perfectly evil.

Me I'm fixing my biggest annoyance, no navigation. I'm way new to the region and don't know how to get around and really relied on that in my old car/other car. I can live without auto-headlights and drop $400 for a homelink mirror, but compared to my last car the cupholders are awesome because they don't let the cup fall over when you turn a corner dumping coffee into the passenger footwell. Plus I like the rings in my arms I get from resting my arm on the coffe mug while I drive to work.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:00 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Ducktail spoiler for sure, it will complete the look of the car.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:11 PM
designkid78

How about a trunk release inside the car. My dad's '95 has one in the glove compartment. That's a little more practical than the button on the keypad.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Silvercar

Newbie member to this Forum. I have recieved a lot of good information from reading
all the post here since march after I got my GT. I want to pass on some information to the
stick drivers about the cup holders. When I used the vacum on the Rear holder out came the spacer. it is several inch's and can be removed to deepen the holder in the Rear.
Maybe this could be helpful to those with the stick shifts. It is hard to tell it's there, it just stuck to my vacum. I put it back in because it makes it to deep for my cups and I always use
the rear one without problems. P.S. plus I have the auto anyway. It may be in the stick models too.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:03 PM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT
One thing I forgot to mention is no place to put loose change, well I guess that's about the only thing the door panel storage is good for.
You obviously haven't looked inside the armrest.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:20 PM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

First and foremost, I love my car. However, there are several things I would definitely change.

[ul][*] Message Center - Should have been on every Mustang. However, it's not... so the wiring should be on every Mustang so that it can be added to the vehicle. Mine is missing the necessary parts of the wiring harness.[*] Antenna - Way too big. I haven't had an external antenna on any of my last three cars. Even if it needs to be there, it shouldn't be taller than me.[*] Cupholders - Same gripe as everyone else, but I can certainly live with them.[*] Seatback memory - definitely agree with everyone on this. I have two young children that ride in the back, and it's a pain in the butt to remember where to put it.[*] Instrument panel - While I can't put the six-guage cluster in mine because I'm missing the wiring, the one that I do have is kinda crooked. Not sure if it's this way in every car, but if I put my head dead center in the headrest and look at my guages, they aren't looking straight back at me (can't see the left side of the 0 in the mph)[*] Window felt - missing, leaves streaks on windows.
[/ul]
Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

I would've liked to have gotten the Bullitt wheels instead of the Bright Machined aluminum wheels.
Unfortunately, when I took over the order, it was already ordered with them and so I wasn't able to make the change.
Oh well. I went and ordered Ford Racing Silver Bullitt wheels instead.
The message center is cool, but it would be nice if it had an outside temperature gauge, a digtal MPH, an RPM upshift indicator setting (Manual Trannys only), an elapsed time, a stopwatch, or a tire pressure monitor.
These, I have on my 350Z, in addition to the DTE, Avg MPH, etc.
Those are my only changes.