Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Super Charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

You guys are still missing the main point. No matter how you slice it or how well it did perform. It is NOT optimized for forced induction, not even close really. Can it be done? On low boost, yes. Do I think the effort and money is a bit silly for only 150whp more? Yes I do.

Hence my stance on do it once, do it right.

Last edited by Ripper Alpha; 08-04-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
you really shouldn't use the words opinion and requirement in the same post.
Why because I can't say something in once sentence or paragraph and then something else in another?

The fact is they might not know exactly how long the motor will last with that amount of power, but neither do you.

Your right, I don't but I can tell you it would last a lot longer if it were built for it. And until I see Ford Racing release a kit for the stock 5.0 GT that retains the drivetrain warranty and makes similar power, i'm just not buying into it. The damn thing would last long if built for forced induction (and be capable of making a lot more power) end of point.

Time will tell, but as of now I'd have to say the guys that developed and have tested it probably know a bit more than most.
This is true, and also likely why at least one shop (Fastline) that built one of the first turbo 5.0's I have seen which I think made more power and a lot more torque at 6psi than these supercharger kits are producing? And what are they doing now? Oh yea thats right, there rebuilding the engine so they can actually go with something more than some silly 6psi of boost.

Also I'd love to see what the stock 5.0L flows (lb/min of air) stock vs with some of these superchargers @ 7psi And then compare that to the turbocharged one in post 17 here. https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...9-turbo-2.html @ 6psi.

Last edited by Ripper Alpha; 08-04-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ripper Alpha
You guys are still missing the main point. No matter how you slice it or how well it did perform. It is NOT optimized for forced induction, not even close really. Can it be done? On low boost, yes. Do I think the effort and money is a bit silly for only 150whp more? Yes I do.

Hence my stance on do it once, do it right.
i agree, somewhat.
they are trying to do a bolt on SC kit for this engine, so you dont have to do any engine mods.
i'm sure in time people will start to do a forged short block with lower compression pistons and run more boost.
but i believe they went with the high compression engine to compete with the Camaro in a hp comparison- stock vs stock.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
i agree, somewhat.
but i believe they went with the high compression engine to compete with the Camaro in a hp comparison- stock vs stock.
This!!!

face it bolt on FI on this motor isn't going to be like it used to be.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 PM
lexustech48
1st Gear Member

But if your a gear head willing to do what it takes for more power, then your going to have no problem buying a 2011+ GT and pulling the motor as soon as your get the car home.

Already has a forged crank, just need beefier con rods and lower compression pistons with gapless rings! hawt!