Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPMOutlet 'E Kit' Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Krazed
1st Gear Member

Default RPMOutlet 'E Kit' Review

I recently bought this product from www.rpmoutlet.com , and noticed that some other people were interested in the product on these forums. So I thought I'd share my experiences with the kit, both from the order perspective and actually installing it.

First about RpmOutlet. I haven't ordered a lot of parts for my 05 so far, but among those companies I've dealth with, RpmOulet is one of the best. During the purchasing of the kit on their website an error occured which basically negated my purchase. Not sure what to do, I first e-mailed the company, explaining the situation and hoping for some advice. I didn't want to automatically order it again in case they saw the error, fixed it without notifying me, and effectively billed me twice. I imagined I would wait at least a day for a response to my e-mail. I was rather surprised when they called me literally less than 10 minutes after the error to clear it up. Also, the package arrived the next day, even though they quoted 2 days for delivery, which was quite unexpected, but helpful.

The kit comes with a Predator tuner, a C&L CAI, MotoBlue UD Pulleys, and a Motoblue 60mm throttle body.

First, about the pulleys. They send you three, a crankshaft pulley, water pump, and one idler pulley. In your belt system there are actually three idler pulleys in total. You can either order two more idler pulleys and replace them all or just select one at random and replace it. As for installation, Odiaz wrote up a great article about it on these forums already, so I won't go too far into it. I will say, however, that the original crankshaft pulley was incredibly hard for me to get off. Nothing worked, and I ended up having to fabricate a makeshift tool that fit into the two holes in the pulley. It was a rather ugly looking tool, but it served its' purpose. Also, I didn't need to boil the new crankshaft pulley as Odiaz suggested.

The CAI went on rather effortlessly, just follow the instructions.

The throttle body was also rather easy to install. I should mention, however, that since this throttle body is an aftermarket piece that it may not fit with other items designed for the engine bay, but with the stock pieces on. Specifically I mean the plenum covers sold by Midwest Auto Gear, along with other companies. The driver side portion of the throttle body is thicker than the stock one and so the cover does not fit properly.

The Predator tuner is rather easy to handle as well, and DiabloSport provides a very easy to understand instruction manual. My tuner did not come with the C&L CAI tune already downloaded and so I had to get it from their site, but that was rather easy as well.

After putting all these parts on I was a bit worried about how effective the Predator tune would be, considering it only applied to the C&L CAI. I e-mailed DiabloSport explaining the additional performance mods that I had put on. Their response was, basically, that the other modifications were not extensive enough to cause any damage to the engine, even when running the car in full throttle. They did state that the additions would perform better under a custom tune, however.

Edit: Actually it was Odiaz that posted the instructions for the underdrive pulleys, sorry Odiaz
Old 08-15-2005, 02:25 AM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Default RE: RPMOutlet 'E Kit' Review

Thanks for the review krazed..I ordered the d package today and am looking forward to installing it ..This is my first dealing with performance mods on my 05 so i'm looking for all the info I can get my hands on ..Knowledge is power ..I'll be looking for that thread on installing the underdrive pulley's
Old 08-15-2005, 01:37 PM
blackened
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: RPMOutlet 'E Kit' Review

i read that pretty fast but if your tune is just the canned variety for the C&L mod then you're probably going to be running a bit lean b/c of the throttle body. i'm not sure how well the moto blue flows, but i'd probably be a bit disappointed if i didn't get a CEL

i'd try to get some data logging going if you have that capability and check your A/F reading throughout the power curve.