Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
If you read all of her posts you would see that she informed the dealership several times about the smoke/burning smell and they just looked at her like she was crazy.
yeah, whenever I hear people use that expression I find they are misleading. First, how did she do it? called and told her salesman? called the service center? sounds like she went in, but they really just looked at her and walked away maybe she is crazy and was talking to customers and not someone who worked at ford haha Usually whenever people have used that term to describe my reaction to them I did investigate it and gave them a response they just didn't like it. Bottom line is, a Ford Service person would have told her something, even if it was, thats how new cars smell without looking into it.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 AM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
yeah, whenever I hear people use that expression I find they are misleading. First, how did she do it? called and told her salesman? called the service center? sounds like she went in, but they really just looked at her and walked away maybe she is crazy and was talking to customers and not someone
who worked at ford haha Usually whenever people have
used that term to describe my
reaction to them I did
investigate it and gave them a
response they just didn't like it.
Bottom line is, a Ford Service
person would have told her
something, even if it was, thats
how new cars smell without
looking into it.
Nah, not crazy but all this is making me... That's for sure! If you must know, which Deysha can see: I called ford customer service after calling my dealership several times about the issue. Ford customer service told me that they couldn't possibly do anything that Medford Ford in Medford NJ had to. I was directed there, where I told my salesman Chris Bilick and the service manager that I was bringing it back in and they needed to look at it. I also had other issues for them to look into as well. I dropped the Stang off, whether they inspected it for real or not, it's beyond me. When I came to pick it up they said nothing was wrong and that smoke smells are normal in new cars. I laughed because that was one of the strangest things I have ever heard, but then again this was my first brand new, well deserved, vehicle. I would never believe that new cars smell like smoke, I mean I worked for a Lexus dealer... Never smelled smoke from new cars like that. What is one to do other than trust their American Made companies. Ford also supports military, I felt as though I should trust Ford or at least trust that a 42,000 vehicle must not smell of smoke nor be an unexploded ordinance.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 AM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Haha cute! That's me right now!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck with this. Could you take it to a different dealer? That might help with the issue. Oh, I do like the news idea. I would wait to see if Deysha could help first, but I would put a time limit on it of some sort. How long do they expect you to go without your car? Plus I would talk to a lawyer like many have suggested.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Yeah, I know... I was trying to setup a possible "scenario" that a news story would lead in with is all... all for effect. In reality, the possibility of death was always there. What if the fire caused the brakes to fail while traveling at a high rate of speed on a busy highway? We are all blessed daily, but the OP was more blessed that day as this whole situation could've been worse.

Don
You got that right! It was in flames right by University of Pennsylvania's Chemical building on campus. I started pulling everything out of the car while it was up in flames. scary! It could of been a lot worse without fire extinguishers, thanks to the maintenance guys around who had them. I couldn't imagine if that fire wasn't put out, what could of happened. But it didn't and I'm happy that no one was hurt.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:31 AM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Default Nothing Yet

I haven't heard from Ford still, keeping you all updated and wanted to share my frustration.

I'm working on everything else at the moment.

Thank you to all of you for your support and ideas, looks like I can use all the help I can get. So disappointed with this, can't wait for it to resolved.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Stay patient, optimistic and continue to be persistant! Good luck!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Hey all, does anyone know how to post these threads to Facebook? I created a "like" page for this incident and also put my profile to public for the time being.. it is called "Fire Engine 5.0 2011 Mustang." My facebook is Dee Stowe, you will see me in my uniform and my beauty next to me

I would like the news to contact me, come to me, come on!!! I am working on my letter to them though in case they don't.

What a crappy year I have had, medically discharged from my love, the US Air Force. Stripped from all my pride, and set to unemployment and no money, while my father passes 2 days after I get medically retired, July 31st 2010. I am 27. I served 6 years and would have stayed longer if I was allowed and not forced out. Forced out because I developed an autoimmune disease (palindromic rheumatism) and other crap from working in Iraq's lovely burn pits and only God knows what else. My brother and I renovated my dad's house, so sis and bro in law, 2 gorgeous nephews are living in it now. My father wrote in a diary and I never knew it, his last words were "I planted 5 buckeye trees on the property and I hope the best for them, I love this land!" My father would not love this land if he knew FORD was screwing over his Ford brainwashed daughter. American Made!! I got into an ivy league institution, found out in Nov. 2010, then I bought the car on behalf of my father in oct 2011. Got into this crazy tough school, this semester I am finishing with a 3.8 gpa and while doing all of this crazy stuff, my new car catches fire. I can do nothing but laugh and drink my captain and coke right now. I need a freaking break!!!!!

And PS, I am tired of waiting. I guess Ford is lucky I am medically retired and only a student now, because if I was working I would be fired by now from any job. 3 months
+ and still no vehicle.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:29 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Stay patient, optimistic and continue to be persistant! Good luck!
Thank you! I am trying
Old 05-17-2011, 05:46 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by swagfu
Sorry to hear about all the bad luck with this. Could you take it to a different dealer? That might help with the issue. Oh, I do like the news idea. I would wait to see if Deysha could help first, but I would put a time limit on it of some sort. How long do they expect you to go without your car? Plus I would talk to a lawyer like many have suggested.
Yes, time limit is...... whenever I get this letter written I guess if Deysha grabs hold of me with some good news then we will be good until then...NO GOOD!

Lawyer is in the working too.

Quick Reply: My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it