Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Hey, what was your ASFC? I retired from the AF in 2004 after putting in 20 year 4 months in the Security Forces
Old 05-17-2011, 05:56 PM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dstowe2003
Yes, time limit is...... whenever I get this letter written I guess if Deysha grabs hold of me with some good news then we will be good until then...NO GOOD!

Lawyer is in the working too.
Excellent.

I just sent a friend request on facebook. I am not sure how to get to the "like" page as i don't get on FB very often. I am really just a friend collector on there with sprinkle of statements or photos sometimes. You could just post a link to this thread on there I think. Sorry I am not more help in that aspect.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:05 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Hey all, does anyone know how to post these threads to Facebook? I created a "like" page for this incident and also put my profile to public for the time being.. it is called "Fire Engine 5.0 2011 Mustang." My facebook is Dee Stowe, you will see me in my uniform and my beauty next to me

I would like the news to contact me, come to me, come on!!! I am working on my letter to them though in case they don't.

What a crappy year I have had, medically discharged from my love, the US Air Force. Stripped from all my pride, and set to unemployment and no money, while my father passes 2 days after I get medically retired, July 31st 2010. I am 27. I served 6 years and would have stayed longer if I was allowed and not forced out. Forced out because I developed an autoimmune disease (palindromic rheumatism) and other crap from working in Iraq's lovely burn pits and only God knows what else. My brother and I renovated my dad's house, so sis and bro in law, 2 gorgeous nephews are living in it now. My father wrote in a diary and I never knew it, his last words were "I planted 5 buckeye trees on the property and I hope the best for them, I love this land!" My father would not love this land if he knew FORD was screwing over his Ford brainwashed daughter. American Made!! I got into an ivy league institution, found out in Nov. 2010, then I bought the car on behalf of my father in oct 2011. Got into this crazy tough school, this semester I am finishing with a 3.8 gpa and while doing all of this crazy stuff, my new car catches fire. I can do nothing but laugh and drink my captain and coke right now. I need a freaking break!!!!!

And PS, I am tired of waiting. I guess Ford is lucky I am medically retired and only a student now, because if I was working I would be fired by now from any job. 3 months
+ and still no vehicle.
Have to say thanks for your service and I'm sorry to hear this year has just been less than ideal. I feel for you with being let go from the Air Force, I just finished up 2 years as a cadet in AFROTC at U of I and unfortunately was let go from the program because of the big cuts the Air Force is undergoing now. 4 of my 5 Cadre members also ended up being knocked out of the service. It's the hardest thing in the world to have to turn away from the thing you love doing so much. I'm still trying to adjust to the idea of not being part of the Air Force.

Just keep with it and remain persistent, I know you have the abilities though. Hang in there!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
No pictures. Didn't happen.
Click my link
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Have to say thanks for your service and I'm sorry to hear this year has just been less than ideal. I feel for you with being let go from the Air Force, I just finished up 2 years as a cadet in AFROTC at U of I and unfortunately was let go from the program because of the big cuts the Air Force is undergoing now. 4 of my 5 Cadre members also ended up being knocked out of the service. It's the hardest thing in the world to have to turn away from the thing you love doing so much. I'm still trying to adjust to the idea of not being part of the Air Force.

Just keep with it and remain persistent, I know you have the abilities though. Hang in there!
Thanks buddy, you're car is SICKKKK! I am jealous of everyone with a Stang now. It is just me and my little 4 banger Ranger. Which I love!! 1997 Baby, 2.3 L haha. Hey it is still running, so Ford is pulling me by strings right now.

Heart broke, then not, heart broke, then not..... Thank you lil ranger for helping me through this, proving that Ford is great..... but to tell the truth... the rang is still running bc I keep fixing it. Already dropped a new 2.3 in it and put new gears in the rear for more torque. haha not a lot of torque compared to the 5.0
Old 05-18-2011, 09:24 AM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Hey, what was your ASFC? I retired from the AF in 2004 after putting in 20 year 4 months in the Security Forces
I know you weren't asking me but its good to see another Security Forces person! Almost 13 years I have been in, looking forward to MSgt promotion results coming out tommorow.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Thanks buddy, you're car is SICKKKK! I am jealous of everyone with a Stang now. It is just me and my little 4 banger Ranger. Which I love!! 1997 Baby, 2.3 L haha. Hey it is still running, so Ford is pulling me by strings right now.

Heart broke, then not, heart broke, then not..... Thank you lil ranger for helping me through this, proving that Ford is great..... but to tell the truth... the rang is still running bc I keep fixing it. Already dropped a new 2.3 in it and put new gears in the rear for more torque. haha not a lot of torque compared to the 5.0
Haha I appreciate the compliment on the car!

Honestly it's all about taking pride in whatever you drive . To me, cars are a hobby, so repairing things if they come up isn't preferred, but at least in my opinion it just comes with the territory. Particularly with sport cars no matter who you buy the car from, you're going to run into issues whether it's BMW, Ford, Lexus, etc. When you push cars to their limits, things are going to sometimes fail under repeated heavy loads.

As long as you're loving that ranger then that's what matters. Plus, when you finally get to sit down in your very own mustang you'll just be thrilled with how hard it pulls
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07gtdude
I know you weren't asking me but its good to see another Security Forces person! Almost 13 years I have been in, looking forward to MSgt promotion results coming out tommorow.
Good luck! I see your stationed at Eglin. That's where I retired from nice base.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default AF/SF

I must say in the past 10 years the Air Force Security Forces have really Transformed The whole Air Force has done a great in this area.
I work with them everyday and they have really took on the small team concept and I have allot of time 21 years worth of Combat Arms and still serve in this field. I have posted and any help she may need just PM and the group I'm with will help. We don't like people running over our Vets no matter what branch. I'm still floored that Ford has done nothing I have had zero problems with my 2006 Mustang GT and 1 problem with the Escape and it was
fixed and $0.0 dollars out of my pocket. What is the exception here???

T Wayne in Iraq
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hey dstowe2003,

Your claim is currently in the evaluation stage. We commit very substantial resources and sincere efforts in an attempt to resolve any customer concerns. Someone will contact you once they have completed the analysis.

Deysha

Quick Reply: My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it