Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Lift Performance Track-Pack Air Suspension Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

I daily drive this and have been on bags for 2 years now.

I did the installations myself. If you can change front struts and read the instructions for the electronics (really simple power, ground and acc on) you can do it yourself in a day or two over the weekend. Basic hand tools, jack, jack stands and a torque wrench.

For a shop to do it would probably take them a day or less but ONLY if they have experience with bags. Otherwise I wouldnt trust a shop.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Toxix
Nice slam, sick looking ride.

Out of curiousity, how long did the install take?
For example, if I were to take a kit to the shop and ask them to install, how many hours would they quote me?

Also, I WAS interested in this setup prior to getting on my KW Variant 1s Coilover kit. But I was told it wouldn't be good (Pressure/compression) on a WINTER DRIVEN vehicle (yay Kanada).
Also, know anyone that daily drives a bag'd mustang?
I'm not CobraDrifter but I run similar air suspension. Mine's by RideTech and due to height sensors installation and a bit of metal trimming in the rear the install is a little more involved than that of his AirLift setup. That being said now that I've done one I can have it up and running in a day...two at the most. That's me working alone with no lift...just a floor jack.

The part that takes the most time is figuring out how/where to mount the components(air compressor,tanks,etc) and the best way to route airlines etc and making it all look neat and tidy.

Reliablility wise the parts are very durable. Semi trucks run a heavy duty version air ride and they put tons of miles on their rigs. In fact the air springs RideTech uses are actually made by Firestone...just like the big rigs.

As to the comments you got about cold weather...If you live in cold and/or humid climates it's a good idea to run a water trap/seperator to keep moisture from the valves. I run one on mine due to our humid summers here in TN. Another issue with air ride in cold climates especially, is that the pressure to obtain the desired ride height will vary depending on the weather. That's why height sensor based controller systems are so popular now. It goes to the correct ride height regardless of weather. My Ridetech is height based and regardless of weather and weight I put in the car it goes to the set desired height with a push of a button.

-Ken
Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I love the idea but am worried about the price. What did these kits run you? (and yes Im sure the price will vary from place to place Im just looking at a ball park figure). I am still looking at what I want to do with my '11 and being its a DD ride quality is VERY important.

Matthew
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Well done!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I love the idea but am worried about the price. What did these kits run you? (and yes Im sure the price will vary from place to place Im just looking at a ball park figure). I am still looking at what I want to do with my '11 and being its a DD ride quality is VERY important.

Matthew
Hi Matthew, this was my same issue. Mine is a DD and I had coil overs on it before but didnt like the bumpy ride quality. With bags you get more of a cushy ride (depends how you adjust them) but only with adjustible bags can you get the control you need and get with coil overs.

There are several authorized Air Lift resellers out there that can hook you up with a great deal. BlownNBagged is a personal friend and also an Authorized Air Lift reseller. He can hook you up with one of the best prices around.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
WildAzCat
2nd Gear Member

Sweet setup. I'm looking to install an airlift system by the end of the year if not sooner.