Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 07:19 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: throttle body

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

ok, lets try this again,, does any body know where to get a upgraded t b ,dont want all the smart people like andyman to get confused
well what you asked is like walking into a mcdonalds and saying I WANT FOOD WHAT DO I DO
Old 11-27-2005, 09:55 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

I have Dynoed my Ganatelli Motor Sports 65mm TB and there was little HP gains from it, What I did Gain was a better throttle response, a noticable differance, the aftermarket TB is Billit Aluminum with Virgin Brass grears and the blade shafts have sealed bearings.
The Stock TB is 55mm Cast Aluminum, Plastic gears and the blade shaft go through sleaves. Over all the aftermarket is of higher quality.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:33 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

A good SCT2 tune will take care of the throttle response issues, or a Jet TBS.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:38 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TexaStang

ok a little stupid question.... what if i had both ? would it give better throttle response than just having the tuner and CAI installed ?

Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

I just have a good tune on mine with a CAI, throttle response is excellent now and it doesn't hold RPM's on the downshifts anymore, I can't really see it being a quicker response.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:17 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TexaStang

I tried the Jet TBS and it did not help with the Lag, I have a great SCT Tune that got rid of most of the lag but, the most noticable
hesitation remained was the cruising at 40mph you need to pass the slow poke and you step on the gas and there is a 1 sec hesiatation before the Autotrans kicks into passing gear, I hear the TB open, the air going in, but the motor just does not get what I want it too do for a second or two. [>:] Then it's like Oh Ya you want to go, I see zooooom

Thats the Lag I am trying to get rid of, and in most cases the TB and CMP has removed a good portion of it, but now it's down to a 1/2 sec.

Maybe I am being picky, but Damit, when my pedel hits the floor, I want the car to move right then. Is that asking too much ?????
I don't want the engine to think about it, then ask the PCM for input, query the trans, request a response in triplacetts (sp?) before the engine goes, This is not congress, it's my 05 stang.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
promustanperformance
2nd Gear Member

Hi,

You don't like the throttle body idea huh? The stock 03 cobra throttle body was 57mm, and most owners upgraded to either a 60 or 65mm part like the one from BBK. After upgrading to the 65mm BBK, most Cobra owners boast 20-30 rear wheel HP gains. If the stock dual 57mm Cobra throttle body could be upgraded to a 65 and produce such results, you would expect that upgrading the 05 GT throttle body would do similar. I mean it's not uncommon knowledge that a 65mm throttle body will support more horsepower than most people will ever have, but 70mm has become the standard. Regardless, the results are in, the 62mm throttle body finishes with 8 more HP and 8 more ft/lbs of torque.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
promustanperformance
2nd Gear Member

I think the conclusion is that the throttle body, with a tune, is a good improvement for the money.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:13 AM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

After numerous dyno tests, with the current set of aftermarket TB's there is no increase in either horpsepower or torque from said TB.

The tune itself is where the gain is.

If you can show me a dynosheet from the same engine with an 87 tune with a TB, then the same tune adjusted for the TB with a wait time of 4 hours inbetween runs and a difference of +-5 HP, then I will consider a 300+ dollar part more than just cosmetic.

Trust me, I want another poweradder just as much as the next guy, but as far as bang for the buck, there is more horsepower to be had from an off-road Xpipe or Hpipe and at half the cost with proven results.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:22 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: promustanperformance

Hi,

You don't like the throttle body idea huh? The stock 03 cobra throttle body was 57mm, and most owners upgraded to either a 60 or 65mm part like the one from BBK. After upgrading to the 65mm BBK, most Cobra owners boast 20-30 rear wheel HP gains. If the stock dual 57mm Cobra throttle body could be upgraded to a 65 and produce such results, you would expect that upgrading the 05 GT throttle body would do similar. I mean it's not uncommon knowledge that a 65mm throttle body will support more horsepower than most people will ever have, but 70mm has become the standard. Regardless, the results are in, the 62mm throttle body finishes with 8 more HP and 8 more ft/lbs of torque.
The advertised HP gains a false I gained no more than 2 or 3 hp (My tuner states this is within the margin of error). the only gains are in throttle response I have a SCt xCal Dyno Tune and a K&N CAI. I feel that the minimal gains are not worth the steep price of $549.00. IMHO I think the cost should be closer to $150.00, anything over is a complete waste of money, I paid $350.00 for mine and i feel I got ripped off. So for you guys trying to get over 500 bucks, your crooks.

Quick Reply: throttle body