Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tough decision

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:55 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: tough decision

lol my friend who got a new vette couldnt get insurance at all....ended up with his dad taking it
Old 12-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

I'm 16 also, driving a 6.

Nice Ride, comfy, chicks love the back seat, and its still damn fast.

For me personally I want the look,sound, and performance of the GT though. Thats why I'm Supercharging it,(VORTECH), running true duals, prolly gonna try to go for slp luadmouths, depending on how they sound, and then a custom tune, and osme body mods. I'm prolly gonna drop at the most 10 grand for it all.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:37 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

where did you find the vortech supercharger?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:49 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matt8475

Let me start this by saying that I am 16 yrs. old and extremely lucky to get an oppurtunity like this:

My grandpa is a personal friend of the local ford dealer, so he can get me a new mustang for a large discount. I can either get a v6 premium fully loaded: leather seats, shaker 1000, pony package, ect.

Or I can get a v8 completely base: fabric seats, single cd, ect.

So which one should I choose?
Keep in mind this would be my first car and my dad thinks I would die with 300 horses.
Matt,

Regardless of who is paying ( you or grand dad) for what, the car, insurance etc... get the V6

Cant believe I would actually say this but believe me I have lots of experience with fast cars and at such a young age, unless you are the most conservative, law abiding, look both ways before you cross the street 16 year old, get the V6.

It sounds like your grandfather is a speedfreak (buying a FORD GT) and I would hope he would only give you one choice, the loaded V6. Again from my experience, I now consider my self a very good driver, and even when my stang was stock I respected the car a great deal, now that I have modded it, I am totally focused when I drive it, otherwise the car can easily get away from you...oh officer i didnt realize i was driving 120mph. Or imagine the worse wrecking at that speed.

I know this sound like a lecture and no 16 year old (especially me...when I was 16) wants to hear a lecture, but I was fortunate to get out of a lot of bad accidents when I was younger without major injury. Cant imagine what they would have been like if I had a car capable of doing what a "bone stock mustang Gt" can do.

A loaded v6 is awesome, enjoy the car and let everybody else be jealous.

Old 12-26-2005, 09:54 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

p.s.

just look at the streetfire videos and see what can happen when inexperienced drivers (any age) get behind the wheel of fast cars and encounter a situation they dont know how to handle

theres young and old alike...there's a 40-something with a new ferrari and wrecks just tryin to do a burnout, obviously not use to that kind of horsepower...watch the vid it hilarious actually
Old 12-26-2005, 10:19 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GGIII

The first time you lay the throttle down on the GT you'll never want a stock 6er again IMO. =p

It's just... so much... better... (Unless you plan on heavily modding that V6 you'll never touch a GT)

hell yea.

dude get the 8 or nothing!!!

when your driving along in your little 6er, and you hear a badass v8 pass you and hand you your ***, you will kick yourself in the *** for getting a 6.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:23 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Its A Stang Thang

For me personally I want the look,sound, and performance of the GT though. Thats why I'm Supercharging it,(VORTECH), running true duals, prolly gonna try to go for slp luadmouths, depending on how they sound, and then a custom tune, and osme body mods. I'm prolly gonna drop at the most 10 grand for it all.

why did you get the 6?? boggles my mind why people get v6's and spend thousands to make it sound, look and preform like a v8. dont say gas milage, because its not that bad comparing a 6 and a V8 in that department. just waisting your time and money, IMO. thats just my opinion and dont get pissed because of it.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:28 PM
baginoman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickShiftyGT

ORIGINAL: Its A Stang Thang

why did you get the 6?? boggles my mind why people get v6's and spend thousands to make it sound, look and preform like a v8. dont say gas milage, because its not that bad comparing a 6 and a V8 in that department. just waisting your time and money, IMO. thats just my opinion and dont get pissed because of it.
word
Old 12-26-2005, 10:45 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i know what you are saying about adding extreme power to the 6ers...and in reality it doesnt make much sense to me for most situations, but in the case of most of the kids who's parents are buying the car, they probably cant get an 8 just because of "safety issues" nothing to do with money (that was my situation...but i dont think that i will do anything other than light mods to my car just for fun)

but in my opinion, i see myself as one of the already more responsible 17 year olds, but i still do some stupid stuff behind the wheel with my 6er, and it is a most definite that as testosterone pumped kids we will do something stupid with a gt. and remember, with our intermediate licence's, if we get pulled over and get charged with reckless, we will lose our licence untill we are 18 or for 2 years, which ever is longer. also..unlike a lot of other more discrete cars, this car attracts a lot of attention (probably because it is sexy =P) and when you are speeding it like like yelling out "hey officer, please pull me over!" plus, if you have to do anything in a court room (tickets and what not) i dont think there will be much leaniance on a tennager with a new mustang gt

also, i assume that these guys saying "get 8 or go home" are adults, but think about if one day your parents find a ticket issued to you in the mail of you doing...lets say 60 in a 30..you think they will let you continue to drive that beast daily? it is also a given that as kids we have less money than the adults here, so a ticket to us is a much bigger deal than what it is to most of the people here

IF you do go with the GT, try not to do anything too stupid

oh yeah, and cops like to f*** with me already because i have a stang asking things like "did you steal this? what is your VIN? what is the exact date you bought this? etc" ...i bet it would be a lot worse if i had a gt...and i bet they would have not let me go w/ just warnings

...my vote stays with the 6er
Old 12-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I total'd the family car 3 days after getting my license on my 16th B day.
...I say get the V6

Quick Reply: tough decision