Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Covering up holes in bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 03:39 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by joenmina1
Stripes were my first thought but I need to convince my wifey that stripes on a sports car are ok even for low key, conservative folks like us! The dealer wants almost $700 for the Le Mans style vinyl stripes installed. I will take my time but black stripes are definitely in the future.
dont go to the dealer man, they are almost always more expensive and the stripe kits they sell generally don't go down the bumpers. Go to a local sign shop, matte or gloss black would look great on your car. You can also buy them from rocky mountain graphics for about $160 or so last i checked and then just have someone do the install for you.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
Hmmmm why do some have silver, some have chrome, and some have black? Anyone know?

I have a black pony.
The Chome Pony is from the V6, You can get one at partscheap.com
I replaced my black pony with the chrome also. I think its a nicer look.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingless
All of my vehicles were ordered and all specified "NO FRONT PLATE BRACKET" on the purchase agreement. The sales guys were informed that was a deal breaker, even in states where a front plate is required. (The agreement also specified no dealer ID tag and no armor-all on the tires.)
Originally Posted by dadnpony
I too would like to remove my front Plate and I like the Bumber Plug option. My Question was to wingless, Whats wrong with armoral on tires and do you know of a better tire shine product ?
Glad to help w/ providing the Bumper Plug information!

The "industrial-strength" tire dressing used by the dealership is there for the duration of the tire. I've never been able to restore the matte sidewall appearance after they apply their dressing.

Shiny is fine, if that's you're thing, but I prefer the matte lustre, as produced by the tire manufacturer.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:43 PM
joenmina1

Default Update on Bumper plugs

I installed the bumper plugs yesterday. Due to the angle of the bumper or the plug design, the plugs don't sit completely flush against the bumper leaving a small (1/4 mm) gap between the bottom of the plug and the car bumper. Not super noticeable but I know it is there and it is annoying after you pay $35 for two plastic screws. Here is a pic:

Hopefully I will get stripes soon and that will cover it up
Old 10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joenmina1
I installed the bumper plugs yesterday. Due to the angle of the bumper or the plug design, the plugs don't sit completely flush against the bumper leaving a small (1/4 mm) gap between the bottom of the plug and the car bumper. Not super noticeable but I know it is there and it is annoying after you pay $35 for two plastic screws. Here is a pic:

Hopefully I will get stripes soon and that will cover it up
Did u have to drill the holes larger for the plugs?

just wondering because i saw on the website for them that was one of the steps, not sure if the ones left by the plate were already big enough. if you did drill, maybe you didnt get the angle flush with the bumper?