351 Mustang

351 393 408

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

jtmustang, you aren't gonna have a very street friendly N/A 347 running in the 10's. I don't give a crap who puts it together or what parts they use. You can run a boosted 347 car into the 10's and still run around on the street comfortable, but never with a N/A 347. Not gonna happen.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:31 AM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
jtmustang, you aren't gonna have a very street friendly N/A 347 running in the 10's. I don't give a crap who puts it together or what parts they use. You can run a boosted 347 car into the 10's and still run around on the street comfortable, but never with a N/A 347. Not gonna happen.

oh i forgot you know it all or have built all. i have seen street driven 306's,308's,331's,347,s all capable of driving around on the street and making 10 second passes at the track.

thats all and if u wont proof go look around on some of the other boards/tracks. im not saying its gonna purr at the stop light and **** im just saying it is done all the time

man this forunm is just all about bashing peoples thoughts or telling them what cant be done . when it is done all the time, this is why i have come to realize that this forumn is full of a bunch of .....not gonna say as i might be banned again ...oh no i could really care less . this site is washed up with people telling nothing other than **** they heard fro mthis guy that heard off the internet then gets altered and comes out this way, and people who only care how many posts they have and what not.

guarantee you pull those crappy procomps off,the cam out and replace with some killer heads and ,matching solid roller cam and valvetrain,better carb,headers, suspension setup that car of yours would run 10's all day long....its been proven more times than ive posted...

good day
Old 01-22-2009, 06:19 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said it couldn't be done as a Street Friendly combo. I see alot of people claim they have a street car and they trailer it everywhere they go because the car can't make it across town without over heating. That's not street friendly, now is it. Get a grip dude, this world doesn't revolve around you and your thoughts and no I haven't built all and seen all. But I have seen a bunch of different builds. I'm just a car guy. Not a Ford guy. My wife and I drive GM products daily and I play with SBF. That's my thing. So there you go big boy, hope it makes you feel better. Hope you finish your crappy and it runs in the 10's for you and it can still be driven across town with out overheating so you can prove me wrong. And need not worry about my crappy Pro Comp's, I bought them for me use and they are working just fine. They serve the purpose.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:16 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

nothing revolves around me 'BIG BOY' ***** get a clue . all i was saying is it can be done ,and is being done and will alwys be done, u got a problem with someone telling u with what should be done with the ride/setup than i say see ya later as i was saying u could make your car 'for example' run 10's and drive it around the street.

this is the childish **** responses on here that proves more and more what kinda people are on this forumn and , more the kind of people that cant take positive constructive critisism without getting all bent out of shape.

dont like it/me or my responses THEN DONT respond to me...simple as that BIG BOY...
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
thunderjet429
2nd Gear Member

there is a guy that run's his mustang at my local track... drives it from his house and puts his slicks on when he gets there it's a 347 with dart pro 1 heads runs 10.58 in the quater... it's N/A so yes it CAN be done.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
wildcobrar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Don't get your panties in a bunch. I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said it couldn't be done as a Street Friendly combo. I see alot of people claim they have a street car and they trailer it everywhere they go because the car can't make it across town without over heating. That's not street friendly, now is it. Get a grip dude, this world doesn't revolve around you and your thoughts and no I haven't built all and seen all. But I have seen a bunch of different builds. I'm just a car guy. Not a Ford guy. My wife and I drive GM products daily and I play with SBF. That's my thing. So there you go big boy, hope it makes you feel better. Hope you finish your crappy and it runs in the 10's for you and it can still be driven across town with out overheating so you can prove me wrong. And need not worry about my crappy Pro Comp's, I bought them for me use and they are working just fine. They serve the purpose.

I drive my car everywhere and it take a long time for it to come up to temp. Runs 160* on the highway and I have to go about 6 miles before it gets to that temp. I have used stock ported heads(nothing after market) and stock stroke crank and stock rods. Nothing special about my build. Just well planned and executed. I even get better fuel mileage then my friends 12.56@108 Mustang with a 306. I live in the middle of nowhere. I drive a minimum or 45 minutes just to get to the nearest town. It starts a drives very well. No heating issues and is not a trailer queen. Personally I think with good heads and 390 to 400 cubes and the right drive line 9's are possible in a street car with pump gas and not need a power adder. Maybe someday i just may find out.

Joe