4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

couple supercharger quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: couple supercharger quick questions

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't question 2000GT4.6,

He knows all......................
Yet another wonderful tech post from "GT bob". Starts with a B, and ends with a B.

1. I never said I was gonna put it on my 2v. It was just a question out of curiosity.
2. why does a centri have an advantage from a stop if it makes less power down low, especially less than a twin screw like KB?
3. of course it matters how you drive... i was just wondering with regular moderate driving, from without a SC, to with an SC, same driving style
They don't rate the eatons like they do the KB units, but I am sure you could find it somewhere. However, the two units are so disimilar that it wouldn't be a fair comparson. The "why even post" comment was not directed at you, but at the guy that said they are 2.1s... or maybe 1.8s. Why even post about it if you don't know?

The KB makes ALOT of TQ down low, and are notorious for spinning off the line. It has been proven time and time again that with everything else equal the centri units turn better times at the track.

You should not be seeing significant changes in MPG between the differn't blowers IF you keep off the throttle, because they will not develop boost until you are on it. The only thing they do if your off the throttle is reduce the manifold vaccum a bit, which acutally makes you pick up a LITTLE on the highway. I saw like a 1 to 1.5 MPG increase with the vortech.

However, it is going to be terrible in town unless you drive like a grandma. Its really easy for me to see low teens/single digits with just a little spirited driving if I keep it all in town.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:30 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: couple supercharger quick questions

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't question 2000GT4.6,

He knows all......................
Yet another wonderful tech post from "GT bob". Starts with a B, and ends with a B.

1. I never said I was gonna put it on my 2v. It was just a question out of curiosity.
2. why does a centri have an advantage from a stop if it makes less power down low, especially less than a twin screw like KB?
3. of course it matters how you drive... i was just wondering with regular moderate driving, from without a SC, to with an SC, same driving style
They don't rate the eatons like they do the KB units, but I am sure you could find it somewhere. However, the two units are so disimilar that it wouldn't be a fair comparson. The "why even post" comment was not directed at you, but at the guy that said they are 2.1s... or maybe 1.8s. Why even post about it if you don't know?

The KB makes ALOT of TQ down low, and are notorious for spinning off the line. It has been proven time and time again that with everything else equal the centri units turn better times at the track.

You should not be seeing significant changes in MPG between the differn't blowers IF you keep off the throttle, because they will not develop boost until you are on it. The only thing they do if your off the throttle is reduce the manifold vaccum a bit, which acutally makes you pick up a LITTLE on the highway. I saw like a 1 to 1.5 MPG increase with the vortech.

However, it is going to be terrible in town unless you drive like a grandma. Its really easy for me to see low teens/single digits with just a little spirited driving if I keep it all in town.

It's about time you add some new pics with that SC of yours in your Gallery Bro.