4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what do you think it will add?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 04:50 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: what do you think it will add?

I'm just giving my opinion on this but i prefer the flow, poer and sound of bassani Exhaust better than anything else. I have Bassani Headers, Xpipe, high lfoe cats, mufflers, THE WHOLE WORKS!! And i havnt dyno tested it yet but i can tell a SIGNIFICANT difference in my cars Power, i just need some better breaks to compinsate. LOL. But i am in love w/ my bassani. My friends tell me that they can hear me all over my neighborhood when i start up and leave my house. and i set off car alarms EVERYWHERE i go. HAHA I LOVE IT. I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ALL. And i have out ran another Stang w/ then same set up as i have but they have Flowmasters and i outran him. We both Have New MACH1s.
um...thanks? Glad to hear you like your set up. that's one of the great things about stangs is the range of great sounds you can get according to your own taste.

I have the Magnaflow set up because

1) I read in many reputable publications that they have the highest flowing catted x pipe on the market - as good as any, I'm sure.

2) My Flowmaster cat back droned like a **** and was too loud for my taste.

The Magnaflows are good with me. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Welcome to the boards by the way. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 09-25-2004, 04:52 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

I like the drone... maybe when I get older I'll grow out of the loudness bwhahahahahsaaaa
Old 09-25-2004, 04:58 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I don't understand why people think shorties are worthless??

ANYTHING is better than stock manifolds. Compare the collectors between your stock manifolds and any of the shorties offered for late model GT's. There is a significant difference. From my understanding the ports on the shortie's could use some cleaning up, but if you are the budget racer that can't fathom spluring 1200+ on a long tube setup, I think the $240-260 you'll pay for shorties and 2 hour installation is worth it.

You'll see performance gains. The biggest difference between long tubes and shorties are the scavenging capabilities the long tubes have and will increase in a better torque curve. The shorties will make all their torque gains at the bottom of your power band, whereas the long tubes will spread it out and bring it up higher into your power band.

IMO, unless you are going FI or if you have the cash laying around to do long tubes, I don't find it needed to do so. Shorties or equal length headers will work just fine.
sorry about the double post.

Hey Dan. Thanks for the info man. I hear what you are saying...i HAVE compared the collector on BBK shorties to the stockers and thought the same as you are saying.

I just swear, that I read somewhere that there were not much gains to be had from them. When it comes to the LTs - everyone on here seems to swear by them.......but if I could get a good set of shorties and they will actually do something I would jump on it.

HOWEVER this is the key - I gotta be able to get them installed EASILY with the mid pipe and cat back i already have. Don't wanna drop the k member and shiz LOL.

Now, I'm certainly no expert - especially with Ford engines, so any info you can share is appreciated.