4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

TYPHOON INTAKE

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: TYPHOON INTAKE

ORIGINAL: ben790450

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

ORIGINAL: militaryjag05

wow i didnt mean to start WWIII but good info good info. i am staying stock, 4.10's, UDP's and an exhaust. LOL thanks for the info though. i will definately remember it down the road.
sorry, didn't mean for it to turn into WWII, I was just trying to provide you with some information. I guess I don't like having to ask permission to talk (like I'm some kid) or voice my opinion on a public forum.
Hey you have experience. You has a bad experience. Thats fine. You stand by your experience and thats your opinion and appreciate you having the experience to make that opinion and i respect your opinion. What i dont respect is the ppl that come on here and say something's a piece when they have never even seen or used it. So this isnt against you dude chill out. Thats why i said that. It was geared towards ppl that have nothing to base what they say on except what they hear from other ppl. And by the way i have someone who put the PP typhoon along with the 75 mm combo on a 125 shot application. Before and after. They gained 18 rwhp after the manifold and tb & ui. From what i've heard, PP has corrected the fitament issues. They must have becuase i didnt have any problems with it. Neither did anyone else i've seen in person. And i only base what i say on things i've had personal experience with otherwise it would be just like everyone else here who just does a google search to find out info. Im in a mustang club with 100+ stangs. . . i see a lot of different setups and 100% of the time i've heard good and seen good things about they typhoon. You're the first person that i have personally talked to that has had problems with it. Maybe it was just your particular application or the particular product you had. . .
I never said I used the Typhoon, I said I'd rather learn from other peoples mistakes than make my own. That's why I don't have one. I posted the threads as information that they do not show the gains that the magazines and shop that sell them claim. The people in the threads had real world results that were sub-par. Many of the people in the threads have removed and sold their intakes for a loss, some decided to try another brand and some went back to stock. Many of their signatures will say what they now run, check for yourself. Even the link that you posted showed many losses throughout the dyno run. I'm still waiting for you to post up your dyno sheets of before and after typhoon results (so we won't be discussing hearsay). After all you used both the PI and Typhoon said the Typhoon works great and the PI is ****, but haven't explained why or shown us dyno graphs. As for your friend gaining 18rwhp after the manifold and TB, post up his dyno sheets as well. I'd bet you that he shows a loss during the dyno run as well. Like I said before, it's not always about peak #'s, but more so the curve. If you are looing power during the run, it's not that impressive that at some point you (or your friend) would show a gain. Not trying to start a pissing contest, I got on here and gave the guy some info and you got all defensive and bent out of shape. So prove your point with before and after dyno graphs with the same setup and show me where you had no loss in HP or TQ. If you can't do that then I consider your experience hearsay, just because it looks good and may fit well, doesn't mean it works well. And a reply of "I can feel the diff" doesn't mean much to me. I gave specifics as to why I think the PI intake is a nice piece, just waiting for the same from you.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:16 AM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

i have the typhoon and i am running it basically on a 99 gt auto, i cant complain at all, i will be runing a s/c later and feel alot better with all aluminum vs the stock plastic!

didnt notice any hp gains but i got it becuse i got the polished finish for 385.00, couldnt pass it up! !
Old 09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onegreedy

didnt notice any hp gains but i got it becuse i got the polished finish for 385.00, couldnt pass it up! !
I prolly wouldnt pass this up either even if there wasn't a HP gain. i am going chrome and red accents in the engine compartment so polished for that cheap would prolly bend the arm just enough.