4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Opions on Maximum Motorsports Sportbox Suspension Package

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:38 PM
clarehills
2nd Gear Member

Default Opions on Maximum Motorsports Sportbox Suspension Package

I am looking at getting a complete suspension package for my 2003 Ford Mustang GT Coupe and like the look of the Maximum Motorsport SportBox package available on stangsuspension. I used the search and there does not seem to be much mention of suspension 'packages', only piecemeal parts...

It includes the following for $1385:

[ul][*]MM Strut Tower Brace[*]MM 4-Point K-Member Brace[*]MM Standard Subrame Connectors (bare steel)[*]MM Panhard Bar with Aluminum Rod[*]H&R Sport Springs[*]Tokico Premium Performance Front Struts[*]Tokico Premium Performance Rear Shocks[*]MM Caster/Camber Plates[*]MM Urethane Pinion Snubber[*]Urethane Front Spring Isolators[*]Urethane Rear Spring Isolators[*]Urethane Steering-Rack Bushings[*]Urethane Front Swaybar Bushings[*]Front Swaybar End-link Bushing Kit[/ul]My questiions are as follows:

1) Does this seem like a good complete package to get? I want a really good street performance package, without a severly bad ride quality. Would I need anything else?

2) Are the brand names mentioned considered good and reliable? (Maximum Motorsports, H&R, Tokico)

If no to either of the above packages what would you guys recommend instead?

Thanks very much!
C

Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Opions on Maximum Motorsports Sportbox Suspension Package

I've heard nothing but good things about MM.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Smartoss

You save money buy buying the package, obviously, and MM has a great rep for quality parts. So do Tokico and H&R.

The Package is definity a good place to start, You might want to even go a bit farther and get Upper and Lower control arms. A lot the Vendors here sell them. American Muscle being just one of them.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

That is supposed to be a very good kit. I think there is one kit higher than that, it is around 3k though.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Smartoss

You save money buy buying the package, obviously, and MM has a great rep for quality parts. So do Tokico and H&R.

The Package is definity a good place to start, You might want to even go a bit farther and get Upper and Lower control arms. A lot the Vendors here sell them. American Muscle being just one of them.
Also do not get upper control arms, it will work against what your trying to go for.

The sports box is nice as it will offer a pretty good handling car but not as harsh as my setup. That box may be a bit of an overkill tho for a strictly DD car, unless you like to take corners a bit.

MM track tests all its components and is one of the few companies that will stand fully behind their product. If you're really serious about handling, get yourself a set of their coilovers, subframe connectors, a rear grip package(torque arm/phb/lca), swaybars, and a bushing kit. You'll outhandle almost 75% of the stangs out there.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

MM is the Bee's Knee's
Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Westicle
2nd Gear Member

dude for that price you might as well do coil overs
Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
r3dn3ck

MM max grip box here. I went through all the stages of parts from MM from just springs and CC plates on up to my current setup. There's no better suspension packages out there. It'll ride a bit stiffer but not painfully so. The PHB really tightens up the ride. When you get the money, install the torque arm. You don't even know how much rear grip there is to be had till you drive a torque arm car.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Aereon

ORIGINAL: Smartoss

Also do not get upper control arms, it will work against what your trying to go for.

The sports box is nice as it will offer a pretty good handling car but not as harsh as my setup. That box may be a bit of an overkill tho for a strictly DD car, unless you like to take corners a bit.

MM track tests all its components and is one of the few companies that will stand fully behind their product. If you're really serious about handling, get yourself a set of their coilovers, subframe connectors, a rear grip package(torque arm/phb/lca), swaybars, and a bushing kit. You'll outhandle almost 75% of the stangs out there.

+1
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
clarehills
2nd Gear Member

Excellent advice from all, thanks very much.
I have decided to get this package in February (birthday ) so I will return and pos t my experiences with it.
Thanks again for all the input - greatly appreciated