4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

01 Mustang GT Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 02:30 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by EddyG
Depends on what headers and what midpipe. Definitely get off road of you want loud. And decide on x or h. X has race car rasp and h has really deep tone. Also x pipe will increase hp more than h

Headers Long tube or shorty. Go long tube If you get off road will also get a good hp gain with them. Also you can get 1 3/4 inch or 1 7/8 of and inch. The 1 7/8 will be louder and will increase flow for more hp.
And definitely go with ceramic may be a little more expensive but sound good and loud
i was looking at ceramic mac headers this morning and so maybe mac headers, some x pipe and borla stinger cat back? i dont want it crazy loud i mean the car is stock its not going to sound that sick and dont want people 3 miles away to hear it. just a nice aggressive tone and pretty quiet while cruising just loud when you get on it hard. you think that would be a good combo?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:56 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luke1333
i was looking at ceramic mac headers this morning and so maybe mac headers, some x pipe and borla stinger cat back? i dont want it crazy loud i mean the car is stock its not going to sound that sick and dont want people 3 miles away to hear it. just a nice aggressive tone and pretty quiet while cruising just loud when you get on it hard. you think that would be a good combo?
Yea that would be good. But will be loud. Mac ceramic coated long tubes are some of the loudest headers on the market to my knowledge. I would say Mac ceramics if you want them a good x pipe if u want x pipe. I recomend bassani. Best sounding x pipe for my own taste. And borla stingers are very nice. You would love the setup. But do according to what you like do what you like the most not what other people tell you they like. But overall that setup would sound sick as hell.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:27 AM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Yea that would be good. But will be loud. Mac ceramic coated long tubes are some of the loudest headers on the market to my knowledge. I would say Mac ceramics if you want them a good x pipe if u want x pipe. I recomend bassani. Best sounding x pipe for my own taste. And borla stingers are very nice. You would love the setup. But do according to what you like do what you like the most not what other people tell you they like. But overall that setup would sound sick as hell.
ok cool. so probably run me $1000 or so? little more?
Old 12-26-2011, 10:29 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

ok cool. so probably run me $1000 or so? little more?
Probably around 1500 to 1700 considering borla stinger catback is around 700 dollars. And bassani or/x pipe is 300 and the headers are around 300-500. And also installation fee. Unless you are installing yourself

Tell us what u end up going with and upload a vid to YouTube or something so we can hear it
Old 12-27-2011, 07:57 AM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Probably around 1500 to 1700 considering borla stinger catback is around 700 dollars. And bassani or/x pipe is 300 and the headers are around 300-500. And also installation fee. Unless you are installing yourself

Tell us what u end up going with and upload a vid to YouTube or something so we can hear it
ok cool i found borla catback on somewhere for like $590 and $270 for the x pipe and dont know about headers yet. i have heard they are pain to install since my mustang is an automatic and you have to jack the engine up and/or drop the trans and im not sure i want to do that much work. and yes installation would be cheap since i work at a dealership and could use a rack and me and a friend that has an old 5.0 could put them in hopefully no problem lol and will upload a video but it wont be anything until spring and im thinking about just the headers back so the x and catback. dont think the headers will make a whole lot of difference on a stock car. what you think?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:02 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Talking

ok cool i found borla catback on somewhere for like $590 and $270 for the x pipe and dont know about headers yet. i have heard they are pain to install since my mustang is an automatic and you have to jack the engine up and/or drop the trans and im not sure i want to do that much work. and yes installation would be cheap since i work at a dealership and could use a rack and me and a friend that has an old 5.0 could put them in hopefully no problem lol and will upload a video but it wont be anything until spring and im thinking about just the headers back so the x and catback. dont think the headers will make a whole lot of difference on a stock car. what you think?
they will give you a good hp and torque gain. thats what most people do on their stock cars first is to put a full exhaust to increase air flow. it would help but not a must for now. i would say wait for now and wait till you have to raise the engine for something else and go ahead and install the headers while the engine is up. but definately post a vid so we can hear it
Old 01-01-2012, 06:59 PM
dangreenfield2

Originally Posted by Shredder505
here is the setup I listed above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6dzaEqyXFY

Nice man. This sounds great! Thanks!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
humansieve
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
If u want sound that that can be heard from a distance get an off road midpipe and straight through muffler slp's borla stingers magnaflow magnapacks etc
+1 Anything louder is going to get you pulled over every other day but its still going to get all the attention you deserve.