4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Performance Steering Wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
Try here

or Here

or even here for that matter...

try using the part number for the search instead of the name...works better sometimes for me anyway
Aye ! thanks !!!!! I never thought of using the part number so facepalm on my part. Although I found it on jegs at one point but seen that it was no longer available not too long ago.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I rewired the cruise control to switches mounted on an aluminum panel, made of flat stock from Ace Hardware, in the shifter surround:

The top switch is CC on/off (on to the rear), the middle switch is set/coast (set to the rear). and the bottom switch is resume (to the rear).

This is the wiring diagram:

The switches I used may be purchased from Minuteman Electronics.

To connect to the OEM connector I just flattened the wires and tinned them with solder to make "blades" to plug in to the OEM connecter. To trick the ABS module you need to place a 2.3Ω resistor across the airbag squib connections--2.3Ω is hard to come by, but two 4.7Ω resistors in parallel (2.35Ω effective resistance) will work fine.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

A famous racer/adventurer/explorer (I forget which) was once asked it he was "afraid of dying", his response was "no, I am afraid of losing"--that is what makes champions...
Old 08-21-2010, 05:54 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0949er
does a 5-point harness really improve your rate of survival so much that you do not need an air bag?

Cliffy comes from the time where "if its your time, its your time" :-p

But +1 on having escape routes/etc planned at all times while driving. I know where every single car in my immediate area is/is going and ALWAYS plan accordingly. I am not about to be inconvenienced by a dumbass on the street. Thats for damn sure! lol
yes because it gives more of a surface area to distribute the force of your body when it hits the sear belt. think of it as a bed of nails when you lay on 50 its probably not going to feel good but lay on 500 and it will feel better. I myself know of case where the seat-belt practically severed the lady in half in her Honda accord. But she was going roughly 80 mph, I guess what im trying to say is the safety equipment in our cars is only good up to a certain mph after that its pretty much a gamble. I think in some of the older cars its around 65mph and almost everyone drives 80mph+

I myself dont trust airbags but I trust in seat belts because a few people i know of that have been thrown out of vehicles because they weren't wearing a seat belt luckily 2/3 survived and 1 of the survivors walked away with minor scratches.

Cliffy's rule of the thumb is the best plan of action when driving imop
Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Ultimately, ALL safety equipment is based on numbers. There are some accidents that a seat belt will lead to your death and an airbag will do the same thing. Looking at ALL the statistical data of car crashes, they both help to save lives far mor often than not and is why they are OEM.

Jazzer = $.02
Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 PM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Ultimately, ALL safety equipment is based on numbers. There are some accidents that a seat belt will lead to your death and an airbag will do the same thing. Looking at ALL the statistical data of car crashes, they both help to save lives far mor often than not and is why they are OEM.

Jazzer = $.02
true but neither one prevents your internal organs from smacking around inside. I thought of making some kind of spring actuated seat so your body doesn't come to a sudden stop. but too much money and too much R&D