Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:32 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: driveshaft

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

I'm having HPP replace mine now. I'm not sure what he is going to use. I told him to fix it the way he would fix it if it were his car!

I got a feeling I'll have a new one piece unit in there when it is over!

Mike
I was wondering if you had your car back yet or not. So we know you won't be running in Ennis this weekend at FFW, but are you going out there?

Manny still has the car. Last time I talked with them on Saturday, they told me it was up on the rack and they were working on the driveshaft. I hope to have it back by Sunday.

I won't be in Ennis.

However, if I were to get my car back on Saturday morning is it possible for me to run it on Saturday night down there? I've never done this but would love to get involved and do some 1/4 miles.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 09-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

Spyder when you get those prices let me know!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

Just for the heck of it, call your dealer and ask if there is an SSM or TSB on your drive shaft. I just bought an 07, and it has a slight vibration and humming sound at 65 to 70 mph. Most people wouldnt notice it, but after letting the shop forman drive my car he agreed with me.
He said Ford let out some "not too well balanced" shafts and they had brand new "perfectly balanced" shafts for any one that wants one. I wanted one. It was ordered last Saturday, and arrived Tuesday. Im going in to the dealer in a few minutes to get it put on. Mine is an 07, and maybe this wont apply to an older Stang, but it wont cost anything to find out, and if you get one, that wont cost you anything either.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:46 PM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Warlok
Just for the heck of it, call your dealer and ask if there is an SSM or TSB on your drive shaft. I just bought an 07, and it has a slight vibration and humming sound at 65 to 70 mph. Most people wouldnt notice it, but after letting the shop forman drive my car he agreed with me.
He said Ford let out some "not too well balanced" shafts and they had brand new "perfectly balanced" shafts for any one that wants one. I wanted one. It was ordered last Saturday, and arrived Tuesday. Im going in to the dealer in a few minutes to get it put on. Mine is an 07, and maybe this wont apply to an older Stang, but it wont cost anything to find out, and if you get one, that wont cost you anything either.
I have a new '06 and had vibration @ 10mph...it was "not too well balanced". They ordered a new one yesterday and when it arrived it was "delivery" damaged. So they are ordering another one.

I also had to drive with the forman to tell him what I was feeling and he actually said to me "hmmm...that's not too bad...I wouldn't worry about it." I said - "Dude!...I'm going to drive this for years and I don't want to run into problems down the road.!"
Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

Ya the guy told me that mine was not that bad too, but I know my money was all there, and perfect. I demand the car be also. Ford is having some hard times at present. They desperatly want me to give a perfect report when it comes to me from Ford. There giving me a free tank of gas, " i'll make sure it's on E " and a free wash to bring in the report to them.

Just dont take any other answere than "yes sir, I'll order your new and perfectly balanced drive shaft right now!" Mine arrived in two day's. Was installed in 15 minutes. Not only did it get rid of the vibes at 70 mph, it smoothed the entire driving range out. I didnt even realize I had any other problem than at 70 till none of it was there any longer.

Just do it!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:38 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

tcoope,
depends on how much power you currently make. less power and it makes more of a difference. when i did mine all i had was a tune. my car 13.70's. installed the driveshaft and went 13.50's. another guy in vegas has one of my driveshafts in his s/c'd 5speed '05 and it mad just over a tebth of a second difference but he is making about 500rwhp!
Old 09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Warlok
Ya the guy told me that mine was not that bad too, but I know my money was all there, and perfect. I demand the car be also. Ford is having some hard times at present. They desperatly want me to give a perfect report when it comes to me from Ford. There giving me a free tank of gas, " i'll make sure it's on E " and a free wash to bring in the report to them.
Just dont take any other answere than "yes sir, I'll order your new and perfectly balanced drive shaft right now!" Mine arrived in two day's. Was installed in 15 minutes. Not only did it get rid of the vibes at 70 mph, it smoothed the entire driving range out. I didnt even realize I had any other problem than at 70 till none of it was there any longer.
Just do it!
Well..just talked to the service rep at my local shop. They ordered a second drive shaft and the box was damage. He stated that Ford's policy is that if the box is damaged they can't install/use the part. So - I have to wait until Monday.

Good to hear tho that the new driveshaft smoothed out the ride.

Get this...I also have a whooshing noice between 2-3 gear (auto) - forman verified - but Ford wants me to put more miles on it. LOL. They didn't say how many miles. Is that lame or what?

You know what's going to happen...I'm going to take it in every week since I live a 1/4 mile away. Maybe the 5th time will be the charm?
Old 09-17-2006, 12:27 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

I have one for sale guys.
i had to charge a little more this time since the shaft was so hard to find. there was a lot more shipping and they raped me on the price of the shaft but i got it done so you won't have to. it's still a lot cheaper than the others and just as good. same driveline company did the work as with mine. i'll post a link for ebay
Old 09-17-2006, 03:13 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

Yeah...post it up. Losing some weight an getting more speed is a good thing :O
Old 09-17-2006, 09:57 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

sorry guys it sold before i could post a link guess i need to build more huh? if i could just find the cores it would be no problem...seems there has been a run on 03 ranger driveshafts lately

Quick Reply: driveshaft