Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Best place to buy C&L Street intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best place to buy C&L Street intake

Yea go ahead buy from RPM. You may get the right part, you may not. You may get it on time, you may not. You WILL get billed, but may not get the part. If youorder springs like I did you will receive a supercharger tank. If you call customer service like I did you will get the run-around. If you like major problems in your life buy from RPM, I did. But never freking again.
I had the same situation which was well documented on another forum. I went to RPM as it was the cheapest and well a kit's a kit. I regret not getting my kit from a reputable source for the tunes but moreover the complete hassle and run around I got when I ordered by CAI & tuner was just not worth it. It took 2 months to get the right kit. When I sent back the left over parts they misshipped they claimed I didn't include 2 worm drive clamps and they were not going to give me my refund until I provided them. This is despite the fact that when the box arrived and I saw the worm drive clamps were missing I called them immediately and let the guy I was dealing with know. He said the shipping department had photo evidence of this. I told them to send me time stamped digital photo's and of course they never came, another 2 weeks of back and forth and sandbagging they call blocked my phone and refused to refund my near $200cdn they owed me for shipping and $100 deposit for sending back the bits. I went after Visa and I was getting a credit for the $100 deposit I put on my card for returning the parts as they crossshipped, the other $100 is lost and was basically the cost difference between buying at RPM and anywhere else.

So it cost me the same, took 2 months to get the right kit installed and in the end wasted 3 months of my life and caused me nothing but grief.

But go ahead and deal with them, I'm sure it'll be fine. Companies like this need to be kept in business somehow.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

That sucks what happend to you guys. I've had pretty good luck with RPM and their customer service was great too.They even price matched my parts so I know I got the best deal on them.
They could stand to keep up with current information on some of their web pages though.
I guess they're watching the forumstoo so maybe you guys are actually helping them improve their service?
Just a thought ;-).
Wolfey2k
Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Hey, does anyone have the VMP CAI system on their 4.0 stang?
If so, how do you like it?
Do you feel it's worth over 800 bucks for the kit?
How much more RWHP/RWT are you seeing?
Any dyno's on it?

Thanks ahead of time!
Wolfey2k
Old 02-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

i may have a used c&l intake, and diablo tuner for sale a in week or two. pm if interested..
Old 02-28-2007, 02:04 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Just wondering...
The JLT series II (which I own) was made for our cars and designed in conjunction with the SCT xcal II (which I own) so why pay $130 more for a name? Is your car a show car?