Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

More Performance: What The Hell Do I Do Next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 PM
MiketheCalamity

Default More Performance: What The Hell Do I Do Next?

I have installed a Roush CAI and in the next two weeks I will have Roush pulleys, Kooks headers and midpipe, a MAC catback, and it'll all be tuned with a Diablosport Predator. Now to my question: What the hell do I do next? (performance-wise of course) How can my pony gain even more horses?

P.S. I plan on upgrading the suspension and brakes over the next year and changing the tires, though this has nothign to do with performance.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:22 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Are you serious man (LOL).. ?? Modding can be absolutely endless for us. You gain More Horsepower by spending more money !! Just look at the details in some of the signatures and this will give you a good idea . Crap...I'm, still not finished...!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:10 AM
flounderlipps
2nd Gear Member

Gears, driveshaft, lower control arms.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-01-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 AM
mustangtestuser
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MiketheCalamity
I have installed a Roush CAI and in the next two weeks I will have Roush pulleys, Kooks headers and midpipe, a MAC catback, and it'll all be tuned with a Diablosport Predator. Now to my question: What the hell do I do next? (performance-wise of course) How can my pony gain even more horses?

P.S. I plan on upgrading the suspension and brakes over the next year and changing the tires, though this has nothign to do with performance.
I don't know if you have gears or not, but you'll see a greater gain from those than headers and pulleys combined, I'm very sure. Otherwise, start saving for forced induction.

The cost to install headers means it's the last mod, unless you're doing it yourself, of course. Oh, and don't forget to use locking bolts like Stage 8 bolts on those headers. It can save you a huge headache down the line.

Suspension has EVERYTHING to do with performance! Especially given how poorly these cars handle from the factory. Swap a few basic parts and that changes entirely. I've discovered recently that this car can actually handle with a few simple bolts ons, like sway bars and tires.

Last edited by mustangtestuser; 07-11-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
MiketheCalamity

First off I never said I was done, I know it's endless I was just asking what is next to do. I was think Roushcharger for the s/c, but that is regardless because I won't be doing it dfor a couple years. I am probably going to get 3.73 gears soon, too. Now what do you all think about Ford Racing Hot Rod Camshafts and FR CNC Ported Heads?