Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Tuner erased all my custom tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

Default Tuner erased all my custom tunes

Hey guys, so about a year ago I bought a DiabloSport Predator Tuner and bought the Race, Torque and Performance Custom Tunes from BamaChips for it. Well, it seems I've encountered a bit of a problem. When I bought the tuner I had already installed a MAC intake on the car, which brought up the check engine light because it sensed too much oxygen coming in. So naturally I bought the tuner to reprogram it and get that fixed, so it would put more fuel in there and know that the extra air coming in is good. And today I was getting my car inspected and the O2 sensors didnt pass, they brought up the same problem code as in the beginning before the tuner was on (which I believed the tuner would fix, but apparently it just cleared the problem code out and didnt fix it because the check engine light never came back on after i put the custom tune on). So I went home, put the stock intake on and restored the stock tune to the car. This fixed the problem code and the car passed inspection. So I went home, put the MAC intake back on and proceeded to put the torque tune on (which is the one i had on before I restored the factory tune), and all the custom tunes BamaChips wrote me were gone. What the hell happened? I can't find the custom tunes anywhere, so I'm assuming it erased them all for some odd reason. I would really appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks guys!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
J2L06GT
2nd Gear Member

I have read on other forums that a Diablo will lose
custom tunes when you reinstall stock back in car.

Did you get your tunes by e-mail from Bama,
do you still have them stored in your computer
or did you make a CD copy, then you can reload to
Diablo.
If not try contacting Bama.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 AM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

Nah they came on the tuner when he sent it to me and I just never thought to back it up, so yea I tried contacting Bama, still waiting to hear back... hopefully everything will work out tho
Old 02-08-2010, 01:45 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

That's the funny thing about the diablo. I was loading an email tune into my car but before I finished I accidently disconnected the plug that goes into the OBD port and I lost the tunes that were on the diablo. Good thing I had them saved on my laptop.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

dang man, well im glad to hear you didnt lose them...i was sooo PO'ed when i lost mine cuz you know i mean those three tunes are about $150 worth, but i dont understand what kind of a feature that is, i dont see what good can come from the thing resetting itself lol...but whatever, im lookin around now to see who else i can get to do my tune cuz bama is supposedly in some trouble and brenspeed only works with the sct :/ so i gotta find somewhere else

oh and btw gman73 i see in your sig you have some magnaflow cats, how are those workin out for you? im considering getting some, and was just wondering if there were some benefits to em
Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

A few other companies do email tunes for the diablo. Eric Brooks from Brooksspeed also tunes for the diablo. He is an excellent tuner with fast turn around time. As far as my magnaflow cats, I like them. They cleaned up the sound in the car without taking too much volume away. They got rid of most of the trumpeting I was getting when I was running an O/R prochamber. And they gave me back the lower end tq that I had lost with the o/r prochamber.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

sweet, thanks man ill definitely look into brooksspeed...but yea for the cats i found a guy that will do the install for $90, so i've started looking more into them...and they'll pass inspection and all right? cuz i mean they're still cats
Old 02-09-2010, 05:45 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

The cats should pass. The main thing you have to worry about is the tune. Sometime the tuner will turn the cats off. Since I have cats, brookspeed left them on, so I that shouldn't be an issue.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:53 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

you can turn em off? i didn't know that lol...but yea i would definitely get him to keep the cats on...so you would recommend the magnaflows? and sorry i know im asking alot of questions but what is the prochamber?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I didn't mean turn the cats off. I meant turn the 02 sensor off.