Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Intercooler Nitrous mist??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:52 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
It's interesting how the intake temps were lower with the meth, but without you were actually quicker...
it had more to do with my 60' times w/o meth 2.15 60' 13.55@103.61
with meth 2.25 60' 13.65 @103.54,
meth was really just a precaution to keep it from detonating , it wasn't tuned for the meth ( advanced timing /less fuel) for performance

Last edited by turbo 2.8; 02-19-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
It's interesting how the intake temps were lower with the meth, but without you were actually quicker...
If he had his car strapped to a dyno and tuned properly for the meth he would be making near 500rwhp.

Don't bother getting the meth if you don't have the ability to throw it on a dyno with a good AF reading and a tuner that can dial it in.

That's why I suggest something like the Vortech HO kit with air/water intercooler. There are lots of canned tunes for that can get you well into the 400 rwhp mark and beyond. Even with 90 octane.

Something to think about. There are places that will sell you barrels of fuel, whatever you want. You could always buy 93 oct barrels and use that if you want. It's what I do with my other car only it's 110 leaded.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:28 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
If he had his car strapped to a dyno and tuned properly for the meth he would be making near 500rwhp.

Don't bother getting the meth if you don't have the ability to throw it on a dyno with a good AF reading and a tuner that can dial it in.

That's why I suggest something like the Vortech HO kit with air/water intercooler. There are lots of canned tunes for that can get you well into the 400 rwhp mark and beyond. Even with 90 octane.

Something to think about. There are places that will sell you barrels of fuel, whatever you want. You could always buy 93 oct barrels and use that if you want. It's what I do with my other car only it's 110 leaded.
ha haha hell Id b happy if my 4.0 made 400 rwhp !! actually thinking about putting it on a dyno and making a meth tune , right now for me it s just a safe guard , during the winter months with more boost , I adjusted the meth to keep the a/f at 11.6 . would love to take it to the track and see what it would turn in this weather !
Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1

I wouldn't doubt it.. the V3 is quite the potent little supercharger

Unfortunately, we simply do not have any dyno's up here that can be used for tuning. There IS one at the university workshop/garage I have lab in pretty much daily, but it's only for class purposes. I am willing to be my instructor would be able to tune my V3 with his eyes closed.. but he simply wouldn't do it.

How much a barrel are you paying for the 110 octane??

i am interested in running some Torco race additive.. I just need to be spot on with the mixing/measurements..

As for the air/water intercooler, it just would not be a good idea since I take my supercharger off every winter. Air to air, less parts to remove. Simple to maintain.

I want to run a solid mid 11s@118+mph, and I'll be set. Period.

I am not trying to set speed records. Just my own, and keeping the motor in one piece.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I forget what I paid last time for the 110. It depends on the market like any other fuel.

I will be getting one here in the few months.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:57 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

.. I am pretty sure I'll be running just an intercooler + 10 psi pulley and Detroit Rocker supercharger grind cams this season. The intercooler mist is icing no the cake, but the other mods require more attention imo