5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 09:19 PM
mrsneakyz28
1st Gear Member

Default RE: First Mustang have some questions

actually was doing some research and found that the gt40 heads pretty much sucked compared to other performance heads. Although they are much cheaper at around 6-700. I found that they showed about 40hp on the dyno, and the trick flow twisted heads around 1200 bucks, showed more like 80 on the dyno. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong or has any experinece with either of these setups.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:33 PM
mstng675l
2nd Gear Member

Well the new BBK intake seems really nice and looks great too... If you are going to make a mild engine it isnt worth the money though... Who needs highflow fuel rails and things of that nature for a mild set up... You can get a trick flow and fuel regulator for far less then the BBK and have a better set up for you car... I would just go with the Edelborck performer or the Trickflow street manifold and go get the regulator... Much cheaper and may be better for what you are looking for... As i said for a mild street set up who needs highflow fuel rails, i mean if the engine can't take the extra fuel (meaning to take advatage you need: new injectors, heads, cam, and things of that sort) then it is just a waste....
ORIGINAL: Aliate X

The BBK SSI intake is new on the scene and according to MMFF its one of the best. They state that they gained 35hp (pretty sure rwhp) on a bolt on motor. Thats pretty damn good for just an intake.

I like the BBK one also because for only 579 it also comes with a FPR and Fuel Rails, awesome deal. I think it also looks better than all of the other manifolds by far.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM
mrsneakyz28
1st Gear Member

Well Like I said I do have a cam, and I plan to get some heads right after I get the intake. Price ins't the biggest issue for me anyway, I just want what looks the best and performs the best and I think I am going to go with the bbk intake.

[quote]ORIGINAL: mstng675l

Well the new BBK intake seems really nice and looks great too... If you are going to make a mild engine it isnt worth the money though... Who needs highflow fuel rails and things of that nature for a mild set up... You can get a trick flow and fuel regulator for far less then the BBK and have a better set up for you car... I would just go with the Edelborck performer or the Trickflow street manifold and go get the regulator... Much cheaper and may be better for what you are looking for... As i said for a mild street set up who needs highflow fuel rails, i mean if the engine can't take the extra fuel (meaning to take advatage you need: new injectors, heads, cam, and things of that sort) then it is just a waste....

Old 02-15-2005, 04:32 PM
91LXstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrsneakyz28

actually was doing some research and found that the gt40 heads pretty much sucked compared to other performance heads. Although they are much cheaper at around 6-700. I found that they showed about 40hp on the dyno, and the trick flow twisted heads around 1200 bucks, showed more like 80 on the dyno. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong or has any experinece with either of these setups.
For the most part, the gt40 line doesnt match up to the afr's and others. But the gt40x's and z heads give about 65hp dynoed. They always downplay the gt40 line but their top of the line heads is comprable stuff.