5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My 95 is running way lean help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

guys, lets please maintain order in the OP'S thread so it doesn't get closed. thank you
Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
guys, lets please maintain order in the OP'S thread so it doesn't get closed. thank you
to the OP, my car was mostly stock, i installed an adj. FPR with a 190lph, (car had a full exhaust, CAI, and some 1.7s with upgrade springs) and i needed to jack my pressure up to ~45-46 for it to burn 12.9:1 at WOT so try bumping up the pressure a bit if the other tricks dont work...
Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Kozz167

ok I will try that after I look at the other stuff. BTW I only have problems with two auto zone workers at my site the others are alway willing to learn if they dont aready know.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Kozz167

Ok fixed it. After the plug change, yesterday I cleaned the MAF and she ran a liottle better, so I changed my thurmostat back to a 195 and little better, but still way lean, so I change the ETC and wala all my poer and more came back with no more lean condition. I can pull hard in 5th and 4th on the free way and she reads at about 12.5 to 13 AFR.
Thanks every one for the help. A Stiky sould probly be made for a lean condition since their is one for a rich condition.

Drive your stang hard every day thats the way they like it.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM
superduck352

Originally Posted by Kozz167
AdderMK2 I will research this and if your right I will go back to copper core, however I never disagreed with you in the first place, and did think about what you said. On the other hand NEVER reply on my post ever again. I don't need help from someone that can’t be descent to others on their post YOUR ATTITUDE is uncalled for, so grow up.
he is man he poasted on one of my things asking questen said i could not tune my own car well i reserched and its runing quite fine megasqurtII trollin on me told me i got an ebay turbo when never got it from ebay its a garrett 75trim turbocharger with a 110 a/r on it from a 7.3 powerstroke and the replacement turbo is close to a grand i need to still git my 44mm v clamp tial wastegate and bov and im done i didnt use a aem fic tho he was trollin on me about its a computer came with stock tune and i did some adjustmints on it i have a fule stand alone ems and he dont know how to talk to peopple i was scroleing through lookin at stuff on here being bored and yet again i find him harasing numerouse peopple with his addatude...........i would also check ur injecktors see if they are gunked up not flowing properly can make u run lean and check all vackume leacks includeing egr i would personaly deleat the egr less things less problems mine runs fantastic w/o it i cant see it know but also pull ur injeckrots also work on timeing pre det may be a problem
Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by superduck352
he is man he poasted on one of my things asking questen said i could not tune my own car well i reserched and its runing quite fine megasqurtII trollin on me told me i got an ebay turbo when never got it from ebay its a garrett 75trim turbocharger with a 110 a/r on it from a 7.3 powerstroke and the replacement turbo is close to a grand i need to still git my 44mm v clamp tial wastegate and bov and im done i didnt use a aem fic tho he was trollin on me about its a computer came with stock tune and i did some adjustmints on it i have a fule stand alone ems and he dont know how to talk to peopple i was scroleing through lookin at stuff on here being bored and yet again i find him harasing numerouse peopple with his addatude...........i would also check ur injecktors see if they are gunked up not flowing properly can make u run lean and check all vackume leacks includeing egr i would personaly deleat the egr less things less problems mine runs fantastic w/o it i cant see it know but also pull ur injeckrots also work on timeing pre det may be a problem

I troll hard... But I dont bump threads from over a year ago.

Good Job!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Kozz167

Well its been over a year and she is still running strong. (knock on wood)
Old 02-28-2012, 07:58 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by superduck352
holy crap......it literally strained my eyes to read this, after the second sentence, I gave up, I can't understand a word you are saying, at least from the horrid English/ scribble scrabble you wrote Please try reading back what you wrote to yourself next time.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 AM
superduck352

Originally Posted by mjr46
holy crap......it literally strained my eyes to read this, after the second sentence, I gave up, I can't understand a word you are saying, at least from the horrid English/ scribble scrabble you wrote Please try reading back what you wrote to yourself next time.
true true sorry...