5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Mustangs do not like ditches!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:05 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustangs do not like ditches!!!

Got it pretty straight. For some reason when the front tires are off the air it seems like the front right wheel has a little more of a positive camber than the drivers side... Looks like the lowest point of the tire is about an inch in from the highest point. the drivers side is about 1/4th of an inch in. I set the camber plate as much as I could to make it as even as possible, but the right side is still a little more positive.

The shock tower on the right side is still in about 4mm the front & behind it seems to be in perfect alignment. From what i'm gathering you have about a 5mm limit before it starts to mess with the tires or handling. Guess i'll see how it handles at higher speeds. Then work on sanding & getting it ready to paint. Can't find the passenger side fender extension (scoop in front of the tire) So may have to paint everything w/o it then paint that later.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:54 AM
patrickfxck
1st Gear Member

those sonic things dont work very well
Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Definitely doesn't feel as stable at higher speeds. That may be due to more positive camber on the right side than left. Will have to get an alignment pretty soon & hopefully it will fix it.

I'm not entirely sure if it will get painted tomorrow or not. We'll see how much sanding gets done. I should be able to scuff up the paint & fix a few dings pretty quickly, guess we'll see. I've already fixed a few tears in the ground effects, just needs sanded down. Hopefully I can pull this all off tomorrow. If it doesn't get finished before wednesday I'll have to wait till next saturday before the booth is open again Or I could attempt it in my garage. I'd rather not though. Worried about dust in it. (dirt floor)