5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

dyno!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:10 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by skumbee
well the thing is that the fan aint hooked up right now....but i still see the same thing..... as soon as i release the gas the voltage drops :S
hmmm.........oooh and i spoke 2 my friend that built my engine and he reminded me that since we put a bigger tb we needed clearance sooo i chopped the top of my hood off and after awhile of riding like that i broke the tps due to the hole i cut......sooo i changed the tps and when i did my friend checked for codes and he said that we had one for the tps....sooo now my question is does any know what i shoud do?????
did you check to make sure the tps was within range when you installed the new tps? .6 - 1.01 volts on the green wire, key on, engine off?

and let me get this straight. you got a bigger throttle body, and because of this you cut a hole in your hood? im sorry but im entirely lost. why would you cut a hole in your hood cause of a throttle body? maybe if you put a new intake on and it sat taller than the stocker you'd have clearance issues. otherwise a new throttle body would not warrant for a hole in your hood.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 AM
saleenpride1986
2nd Gear Member

haha yea i just read this entire thing and was thinking the same thing lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:33 AM
skumbee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
did you check to make sure the tps was within range when you installed the new tps? .6 - 1.01 volts on the green wire, key on, engine off?

and let me get this straight. you got a bigger throttle body, and because of this you cut a hole in your hood? im sorry but im entirely lost. why would you cut a hole in your hood cause of a throttle body? maybe if you put a new intake on and it sat taller than the stocker you'd have clearance issues. otherwise a new throttle body would not warrant for a hole in your hood.
hmm im guessing u havent seen my pics......
well yeah dude i do have a different intake.......and a spacer on it cuz my valve cover (another fitment issue)
im guessing u havent seen the pic of my engine uh ?????
Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 AM
saleenpride1986
2nd Gear Member

Normally when you say bigger throttle body it is bigger as in the actual amount of airflow able to be flowing through it. (as in when you take off the intake tube and you can see the "valve" inside and you press on the gas or the manual choke you can see it opening and closing... that part is bigger allowing more air to be sucked into the engine) Generally the size of the throttle body on the outside will be around the same size, unless you get a custom or extremely large one in which will not be had on an engine like yours.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:49 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

the physical size of the TB doesnt change really, just the mm of opening. my stock 55mm vs my pro products 70mm TB are the same phsyical size.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
skumbee
2nd Gear Member

rar!!!!!!!!!!
well the thing is that the tb wont allow the hood 2 close >_<
ill take a pic 2 prove it