Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Alarm/Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Greeen
1st Gear Member

i have one of the viper 2-way automatic starters with the LCD screen...but i bypassed mine so that i don't have to do any "tricks" (pull the e-brake up and down, put it in first, take it out, etc.) before i get out of the car i just push the button twice if i want it started whenever. I had some problems with it at first because i always parked the car in gear but after awhile i got used to parking in neutral. I love my system, my only complaint (and maybe somebody can help me out with this) is that my lights don't turn on when i auto-start, nor does my heat or A/C, the key has to be in the ignition for that...but by the time i get in the car the engine is already warm so it's not THAT big of a deal...but i love it...

This is the system i have: http://www.drdetailshop.com/V5900SST.htm
Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

your not going to gain any points on here, or any audio forum bragging about how you bypassed the safety features of your remote start. We will laugh and point when you drive your car through your garage, the car infront or in back of you or run over your neighbors kid when it starts cranking across the lot.

I am not familiar with the DEI system. The compustars feature for setting is no different then when you normally park the car. You put on your parking break while holding down your foot brake, and then you can remove the key while the car remains running. When you shut the door, the alarm turns the motor off, locks the door and arms the alarm.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 PM
flood41
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Greeen
i have one of the viper 2-way automatic starters with the LCD screen...but i bypassed mine so that i don't have to do any "tricks" (pull the e-brake up and down, put it in first, take it out, etc.) before i get out of the car i just push the button twice if i want it started whenever. I had some problems with it at first because i always parked the car in gear but after awhile i got used to parking in neutral. I love my system, my only complaint (and maybe somebody can help me out with this) is that my lights don't turn on when i auto-start, nor does my heat or A/C, the key has to be in the ignition for that...but by the time i get in the car the engine is already warm so it's not THAT big of a deal...but i love it...

This is the system i have: http://www.drdetailshop.com/V5900SST.htm
if your light don't come on, that means that the wire for the lights is not hooked up or it is hooked up to the right wire. the same goes for the accessory wire.

what web site did you use for wiring info?