Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

New to the Forum and Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Lenoir cruise in on the 4th, HCMC show in Raleigh on the 11th, pretty much something every weekend for the next foreseeable month.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by '88FoxLX
thanks for the suggestions ill look into the hankooks and the potenzas. the exhaust leak is coming from between the collector and the exhaust pipe on the passenger side. i plan on getting a full exhaust on it soon so I'm not gonna worry about it. i was thinking and off road x-pipe with flowmaster 40 series mufflers. see any problems with that? pretty sure the oil leak is the rear main but i haven't really looked at it that close yet.

ill most likely come to some of the cruise ins and events but doubt ill participate in the auto-x yet. need to get way more comfortable driving. but maybe one day. do y'all have any kind of meetings throughout the year? when is the next scheduled event close by?

Sounds like your exhaust donut is blown out from your manifold to your exhaust. If you replace it with the deadsoft donut gaskets and install them right you will never have to worry about them again. I used them on all my old projects. Install them, get them hot and tighten them up some more, let them cool and then do it again. it will heat up to fill in all the seams. It should sound like a light tick. I would replace to prevent any motor damage to your motor. Hope this helps brother. I'm sure others may know more then me about this stuff since this is my first Mustang but exhaust work is exhaust work.

Rear seal is easy too buddy. Takes time but not hard. Good luck man.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Sweet bro!