Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Quit my job...maybe ill get some work done on the mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:53 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default Quit my job...maybe ill get some work done on the mustang

So I've been at my job for a while now. I decided to call it quits and turned in notice this yesterday. I only gave one week notice but I guess that is better than nothing at all....So now begins the long search for a new job doing anything that will pay me My current job is in the TV industry working at an over the air broadcast station. It was an ok job for a while but it will make you stir crazy because i work 12 hour shifts Thursday-Saturday at night. Completely kills any type of a social life although it worked good for my school schedule. Hopefully it wont take too long to find some work. If nothing else comes through I'll try to get a job at school for the summer semester. Ive got to get anatomy 1, 2, Microbiology, and Stats knocked out so I can start the nursing program which is 60 credit hours(to have my BSN) after I finish the few core classes I listed. IIRC after taking the core I'll have my associates in Psych. I might get my associates in nursing first before getting my full BSN because its only 18 more hours and then I'd actually be able to work in the field.

The 65 has gone untouched for way too long...im hoping i can devote some time to getting it road worthy soon...esp since its perfect weather right now in south ga to do work outside.....i gotta get my exhaust installed, put in s197 seats and install headlights, do an alignment and little things to get it on the road...its so close to driving its sad and ive had it in this state for years
Old 02-25-2012, 08:12 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Quiting a job without another one lined up with a written offer accepted is never the best strategy even in a great economy. With the schedule you had it seems it would have been easy to accommodate an interview schedule.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Gun Jam

haha....

до свидания bitches!!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:59 PM
302_HBU
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmodel65
So I've been at my job for a while now. I decided to call it quits and turned in notice this yesterday. I only gave one week notice but I guess that is better than nothing at all....So now begins the long search for a new job doing anything that will pay me My current job is in the TV industry working at an over the air broadcast station. It was an ok job for a while but it will make you stir crazy because i work 12 hour shifts Thursday-Saturday at night. Completely kills any type of a social life although it worked good for my school schedule. Hopefully it wont take too long to find some work. If nothing else comes through I'll try to get a job at school for the summer semester. Ive got to get anatomy 1, 2, Microbiology, and Stats knocked out so I can start the nursing program which is 60 credit hours(to have my BSN) after I finish the few core classes I listed. IIRC after taking the core I'll have my associates in Psych. I might get my associates in nursing first before getting my full BSN because its only 18 more hours and then I'd actually be able to work in the field.

The 65 has gone untouched for way too long...im hoping i can devote some time to getting it road worthy soon...esp since its perfect weather right now in south ga to do work outside.....i gotta get my exhaust installed, put in s197 seats and install headlights, do an alignment and little things to get it on the road...its so close to driving its sad and ive had it in this state for years
Kinda of in the same boat as you., Quit my job at Chipotle but luckily the next day I was offered a job at Best Buy..Just waiting until my drug test results come in so I can start training..Good luck with the job search!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:26 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Just apply at walmart its not a hard job and the pay it better then the media makes them out to be.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Originally Posted by dodgestang
Quiting a job without another one lined up with a written offer accepted is never the best strategy even in a great economy. With the schedule you had it seems it would have been easy to accommodate an interview schedule.
obviously...but this job was making me insane literally...its like prison you just sit in a room and watch tv for 12 hours and youre not supposed to take a break