Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

How picky should I be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Adian

Default How picky should I be?

I took my stand in to have a b ody kit put on, tomorrow will be 2 weeks that they have had my car...It is a 10 piece Boy Racer by 3D Carbon, a Ducktail Spoiler by Street Scene, Anerican Thunder Exhaust, and 2 12" white racing stripes...I stopped by last week to check on the progress and the parts were all painted, but I found some discrepancies just sitting in the paintshop, found a couple runs, and some small little bumps where it looks like dust had settled on the paint...Without a doubt they are not putting it on my car with runs, but how picky should I be about the little dust particles?...Standing 3 feet away you can't see them unless the light is just right...I know they can probably wetsand and buff it out, but I'm not sure if I'm just being overly ****, I tend to be a perfectionist...I know without a high dollar paintshop there is the likelihood of some dust on the paint...So let me know guys what you think, if I'm being overly **** about little things...I don't wwant to not do something that should be done just out of hopes of getting my car back faster...Thanks in advance
Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: How picky should I be?

Im thinkin they are not done with the parts yet... were the parts clear coated yet? I think i would wait til i saw the finished work...
Old 09-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Adian

Does clear coating come after they do all the wet sanding?...He had told me that he couldn't do the wet sanding until the parts were on my car, due to the fact that it is polyurethane and so flexible...But they also had an airbrush guy doing the painting, which I dunno about...But when I went in he had said all the painting and all was done, but when I actually looked at it I found the dust spots and the couple overspray runs on some of the small parts...So the guy working on my car said he was going to strip it all down and repaint it since I wasn't happy with it...So don't know if I'm just being too picky, but I feel I should be for paying for the service
Old 09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Your car..your money..you're in charge.
Wanting a job done right is not being "picky" or "****". Of course, bringing your concerns to them in a nice way, goes a long way in getting the job done to your preferences.
GOOD LUCK to you, post some pics when she's done.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

If you paid a respectable price (didn't go in there looking for a good deal), you have every right to not be satisfied with the work.

Dust spots in the paint won't come out with buffing, you can work runs out if they aren't too horrible...