General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Limp Home Mode on a Brand New 2018 GT 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 08:49 PM
Cmc10

Default Limp Home Mode on a Brand New 2018 GT 5.0

I purchased a brand new 2018 GT 5.0 about 2-3 weeks ago, with only 400 miles on it so far. Today was the first time I experienced the vaunted limp home mode. I’ve gotten it at least 7 times today. And it seems to happen when I’m cruising under 50 mph. Took it to autozone and couldn’t get the wrench to come back so it didn’t generate any error codes. Called the dealership and they can’t check it out until Tuesday. Any ideas? Could it be throttle body issues like much of what I’ve read? I understand cars with mileage having some problems but this seems unreal... I appreciate y’alls feedback.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

You purchased a brand new $45,000 car and the dealership service department basically brushed you off? That is complete horsesh!t, that's not how you treat people. Especially people who can take their money elsewhere. And all their friends and families money as well, once they find out how you were treated.

Be sure to post a review of your experience on Yelp and anything else you can think of. Friend of mine recently did the same thing - she bought a 2015 Challenger and the finance manager snuck in a bunch of extras on her sales contract that she didn't realize until she was looking over the paperwork a couple weeks later. She posted an online review and the very next morning they called her and offered her the opportunity to return the car and be refunded her down payment in full.

Sorry I can't offer any help beyond moral support.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:02 AM
David Young
2nd Gear Member

I would try a different Ford dealer
Old 04-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

So he calls late on a Saturday (Dealer service centers are closed on Sunday's) and was told Tuesday is the earliest. I wouldn't call that brushing off. They could've easily told him to bring it in on Monday and then told him sorry, we couldn't get to it and held the car overnight. Then what? Worse yet, they could've said surreee, bring it over right away. Oh BTW we can't do anything today so we're holding it over the weekend and get to it when we can.

Anyways, point is, what if you were someone that had made an appointment a week or weeks in advance to have your car worked on and got bumped by a last minute "emergency" you'd be hollering murder huh?

Dealer is probably looking to have someone focus on his car when he brings it in and rather than lie to him or mislead him anything would be done on Monday, they told him Tuesday. One days doesn't kill you and if it does well sucks for you.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Derf...

You make a solid point. First part I screwed up was not paying attention to the date and day of the week of the OP, also did not take into account the Easter holiday this past weekend which may very well mean their service department would not have been open this past Monday to take care of him anyway.

So I stand corrected....
Old 04-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

No worries Z28KLR I came accross a bit more brash than I intended. Long **** day yesterday.

Anyways, yeah, it still sucks having to wait but I've dealt with dealerships that did the opposite where they took the vehicle in knowing full well they wouldn't look at it until later on. Our 03 Escape needed a new clutch master and clutch assembly as part of a TSB. I took it in on a Thursday and they told me they'd get to tearing it down while they wait on parts which were supposed to arrive on Friday. Called Friday nothing. Still waiting on parts but they assured me it would be done Saturday. Drove down on Saturday, saw the car sitting in the parking lot...untouched. Talked to the service manager after getting the run around from the service dept after finding out the Service adviser was off on Saturdays. Anyways, long story short, they could not start on a vehicle unless the parts were there. Complete opposite of what the Service adviser told me. They got the parts on Saturday but didn't have any time to get it started. AND they were out of free loaner cars (this was on a one year old vehicle). Anyways, I was pissed. Never went back there again.