Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

C&L intake with predator. Please Help Me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:12 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: C&L intake with predator. Please Help Me!

ORIGINAL: Wally39

Maybe they ARE updating their website and I have to wait.
I told you that earlier. Their download pages lead to nowhere right now.

Yes, you can download the C&L tune from the website once it is back up. If it doesn't come up by Monday morning, call Diablo and I am sure they can email it to you along with the downloader program.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:43 AM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

I just installed my C&L "Racer" Intake w/ Diablo on Friday and everything went fine. Mine came pre-loaded with the C&L Racer tune.

But as of right now, I'm running 91 octane instead of 93, and was wondering how you lower the octane rating in your tune? Is it under "Spark Timing Adjuster"? If so, do I just lower it 2 and then its at 91?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:13 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

I also have the C&L Racer Intake and loaded the C&L Pedator Tune from Diablo. I have the U7140.

A tune is highly recommended due to the fact that even though you install the tune for the CAI the car may be running way lean. (in the 14's)

When my GT was dyno'd this was the case. The WOT's for both RPM ranges are set at about +75% and the "Global Spark Advance" was set to max +4deg.

I need to get the GT dyno'd one more time after adding the UDP's and 3.73's for final setting of timing and A/F. Maybe in a week or so.

Good luck man.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:16 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Their website is done updating now. Just go to Downloads >> Product Number U7140
Old 03-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Their website looks the same to me. Nothing. The only downloads they have is to update the revision on the programmer and the dsd downloader and a couple manuals. Nothing about a C&L tune.

P.S. I was going to mention you had said that hawgman,
but I couldn't remember your name. lol sorry

Old 03-20-2006, 07:23 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

The very first time I got the car dyno'd (stock) I had to buy the Predator, because the mechanic I use has a Dyno Jet and uses the Predator for tuning. I didnt specifically decide on the Predator as the tuner of choice. It was chosen for me due to my circumstances.

Anyway, I had the Predator and my mechanical says that if I go with the C&L that Diablo already has a tuner ready to go with it. Which it was.

On the Diablo Sport website there is a download for the C&L tune for your specific Predator "CalId". You may want to do what I did and download 2 other programs "DSDownloader" and "CMR_Dat". These two programs will help to make life a little easier to live with when using the Predator.

Your Predator should be running the latest software version r28. There is a new version coming out soon which I beleive will mostly be aimed at the Mustang's automatic transmission.

I hope I was able to answer your question.......maybe not. In any event when you added the new CAI it is very important that you have the car dyno'd. Failure to do this could result in serious damage to your vehicle. (running the A/F way too high)

From everything I've read the Mustang's engine is pretty happy with an A/F in the high mid 12's.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:06 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

The website is messed up. Its going to the wrong link for 05-06 Mustangs. Here is the right link.

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=45
[Edit: This is the C&L Tune]

~Fred