Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Charger R/T Kill, That Poor Guy.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:48 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Default Charger R/T Kill, That Poor Guy.....

So I'm on the way home from work today and this dude's in his BRAND new Charger R/T windows down stereo cranked smug bastard impression, anyway how do I know it was new you ask, because his temp tags expire 1 month from today. So I pull up to the light and think, what a heavy hunk o crap. Rev it up and he rev's back. Light goes green, I put the hammer down [sm=gears.gif] and poof I was gone, by the middle of 3rd I had him by at least 3 lengths. The best part is there was an older gentleman in the far left lane in a 04 GT and even though I got him as well, he got the R/T too, that guy got smoked and he has had the car for like what 6 hours LMAO, 2 for the price of one I say, lol.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:52 PM
canes44
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Charger R/T Kill, That Poor Guy.....

Hahaha nice Kill [sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 04-26-2006, 08:05 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

good kill bro. i beat he got an earful of that side exit exhaust haha. those chargers are not worthy of their nameplate. charger R/T used to mean a REAL 426 hemi could be under the hood. now? my friends grandmother drives one. BLASPHEMY!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

When me and Dkano were heading over to PA on Saturday for Evolution's Dyno Day (Rained out and cancelled) There was a white charger, and I'm not exactly sure what model it was... but apparently he was either trying to get us to race him or just showing off.

There were 3 lanes, and he was in the left land behind us until he sped off all the way to the right lane and so on. I'm not that big of a fan of racing on the street, mainly due to the fact that if I get caught I'm screwed, and whether I won or lost wouldn't be worth it. Nevertheless, I don't even think Dkano noticed the guy because we kept on our little way. (He has the Navigation, so I had to follow him or get lost. )
Old 04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Oh man, you're lucky I didn't see him! That would have been funny, me chasing the Charger and you following me around!
The one that I was going to race was the guy in the black trans am/firebird, can't remember which one it was, he was the guy that slowed down when the cop was behind me. I don't know if you noticed but him and I were side by side going over a bridge (after the cop got off on the exit) and the guy hit the gas a bit, so did I and passed him, but he just stayed back after that and we kept on going. I didn't feel like messing with him too much, it wasn't a good day to be racing anyways.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

The only Charge R/T I've raced was my neighbor's....because we like to talk cars. None of the other Chargers I've come across on the road have been acting like @$$es at all. But then again, most of the new Chargers I see around are V6's and are wheeled by middle-aged women. I've only seen one other Charger R/T around here and it was driven by a gent in his upper 50's/lower 60's.

I don't think these new Chargers are necessarily meant to be the progressors of the classic Charger nameplate. These are spacious 4 door sedans that can be had with an impressive 345 or 425hp hemi. But I could see how a younger or more brash male driver getting behind the wheel on an R/T would feel like monster car number 1.........345hp is by no means feeble, but those engines do have to move a bigger, more decked out car around than our 4.6's do.

But anyways, congrats on the kill.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Julio, that car you were toying with was a Grand Am. He was behind me when we went through the tolls. When he got in the other lane and went around me he didn't appear to want to race, just wanted to go well over the speed limit. Though I did see him like... do some funky look when he heard my car... lol.