Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

people in high school 60's

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Drive In Movies-Off But On Topic

This is a great thread!

I'm a little younger. My 1st car was a '68 Bel Air 307. I tried to rebuild the carb and wound up with left over parts, no matter, I put it back on and it ran fine. It had a big trunk and yes, a few folks rode into the drive-in back there. 2 years later, my 1st new car was a '83 Mercury Capri 5.0 with T-Tops and those crazy TRX wheels. I was 20 and I guess you could say I climbed on board at the dawn of the rebirth of the american performance era. A few years later I bought a new '88 5.0 LX Vert (still have it.) I just bought a '06 GT in Windveil Blue, nearly the same color of my '83 Capri, that is no coincidence. I miss the feel of being 20 I guess, and my new '06 makes me think that I am again.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:26 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rt1Rebel

I miss the feel of being 20 I guess, and my new '06 makes me think that I am again.
+1
Old 06-11-2006, 10:38 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

+1

and......... the fact that when I see my 'ol HS buddies that have stayed in the area, I'm the only one with a MUSCLE CAR now.

They're like WOW, we gotta get one, but we got "egitus"............... college...mortgage..marriage or........ childsupportage..divorceage..sufferage..

ROFL
Old 06-11-2006, 12:15 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Well. I was 17 when the Mustang first came out. Got to say I was impressed.

Got to go for a ride in my freinds mustang 289, 3speed. (i think)

What impressed me was that when he nailed it the front end came way up in the air (tires still on the ground) and then it took off like a bat otta hell.

I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, and the first 2005 Ford Mustang commercial come on. I about had a heart attach when I saw the the commercial. A dream come true. Man, what a commercial. I started channel hoping to see more, the hell with the programming.........I wanted more commercials.

Thats when I started developing a plan to replace my 2001 Malibu LS (my old corporate car). Started complaining to the wife that the car has got a bunch of miles on it (80,000) and probably would start breaking down soon and should be replaced. I casually mentioned I was going to buy a new car.......that did not go over well.

One day I show up late getting home from work and the wife says, "why are you late" and I say "stopped by the Ford dealer and bought a new car (1hr and 30 min.). All she says to me is "what color is it" and I say "ah its yellow" all she says, and I'm getting ready to get an ear full, is "I like yellow". And that is all thats ever been said.

I waited 43 years for this car and the way I figured it was, I'm 59 and running out of waiting time. The car did cost a lot of money, but you know what, the feeling I get from jumping in the GT and going for a ride every day is priceless.

My sons (4) think I've lost my mind and keep asking their mom, whats wrong with dad? My reply to that question is always "you would'nt understand son"

My wife says I have a mental problem............I think its more of a metal problem.

This is my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:42 PM
sandyman
1st Gear Member

53 Ford flat head V8 2 door HT. I painted it gold and had maroon scallops put on. Remember scallops? Got out of the Paratroopers in 64 and it was a Mustang or college. Took the latter. Bought an 05 as soon as I saw one. 41 yrs waiting proves that anything good is worth waiting for. Now I have an 06 legend lime GT that I love. The back seat of the 53 was so small that some beautiful and unusual contortions were necessary to complete the mission.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:00 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

I have wanted a mustang since I was 16, and I loved the late sixties models. When I saw this new model, I knew I would have one. I waited over twenty five years to get my first mustang, I paid full MSRP for it, and, except for Ford's horrible service, I'm glad I bought the car. I thought about modding the crap out of the car, but I finally decided I really like it just like it is.

Steve