Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Happy birthday to me ('07 GT ordered)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 04:23 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default Happy birthday to me ('07 GT ordered)

After much internal debate, I finally decided to give myself the ultimate 45th b-day present and ordered an '07 today Torch red premium vert with the following options: 3.55 rear axle ratio (no longer standard with the manual tranny, it now has to be ordered separately); 64W polished 18" wheels; anti-theft (I get an insurance discount with it); spoiler delete (will be adding a ducktail); the new comfort group (heated seats, homelink, etc.); the new GT appearance package (hood scoop, exhaust tips, engine cover); interior upgrade package; premium trim w/ color accent package (includes the new wrapped & stitched IP brow, console cover & upgraded armrests) and finally the new cloth top option. Price was invoice +100 bucks. I'll be taking some items off my sixxer before trading it in and transferring them to the GT (the CDC light bar for example). ETA is 6 weeks out. Waiting won't be tough as I have a Mustang to drive until it gets here

My reasons for "upgrading" were many. My sixxer sounds great with it's dual GT exhaust, but hey, it doesn't sound GT great I'll be putting a nice rumbly set of mufflers on as soon as that baby hits my driveway. I came very, very close to supercharging my six. If the manufacturer had emailed me within hours instead of days, I would have bought it and would not be making this post right now. But because I didn't hear back right away, I started second-guessing my decision to blow the 6. Why spend all that money to have "about as much power as a GT" and then have to run 93 octane and possibly deal with a finicky setup on my daily driver? Plus my sixxer is an auto and I've lived to regret not getting a stick. And the 6 is black. I LOVE the black color when it's clean, but we all know it's a bi-atch to keep clean. Actually I don't mind washing it every 3 or 4 days at my house, but we're on our 2nd year of water-rationing and we are not even allowed to wash our cars at home for crying out loud. I don't enjoy washing my car at a car wash as much as at home, so it goes longer between washes. On top of that I was very interested in some of these new options for '07, so the time was right!

So now the waiting begins

Old 06-10-2006, 05:10 AM
Mustang Buster
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Happy birthday to me ('07 GT ordered)

Congrats on the order! I am getting close to ordering a 2007 GT Vert as well. Can you confirm that the comfort package does in fact include Homelink? I have seen it written that it does, and other places that it just includes the compass in the mirror. I really want the compass and the Homelink, and I know that was an accessory from last year, but just trying to find out if it is included. Thanks in advance, and again congratulations!

Buster
Old 06-10-2006, 05:15 AM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

[sm=happy046.gif]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Best present EVER!
I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the interior and cloth top its about time Ford offered that. Torch Red should look sweet with all that too.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 05:32 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Thanks very much for the kind words!

==Can you confirm that the comfort package does in fact include Homelink?==

It does not specifically mention it in the order guide, it is called out as "electrochromic mirror w/ compass". I'm sure it's the same one that was an accessory for 2006, you can see a pic of it here:

http://www.mustangblog.com/info/2006...ccessories.pdf

The salesman I'm working with is VERY knowledgeable about Mustangs and said that Homelink is part of it, but he also admitted that some of the '07 stuff he hasn't seen pictures of yet. I mainly wanted the package for the heated seats and the power passenger seat. I would love to have the Homelink, but even if it doesn't come with it I still would have ordered the package.

==HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! ==

Thank you! This was a great way to kick it off, I was really stoked after placing the order! Still am!

==I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the interior and cloth top its about time Ford offered that.==

I'm really curious to see the upgraded dash/ console/ armrest parts, I searched for pictures but there just aren't any out there yet. I kind of went out on a limb on ordering those without even knowing what I'm getting [8D] I've always loved the cloth tops on Cobras, it was great to see Ford offer that as an option! The salesman didn't know about that, but luckily I had the order guide and was able to give him the order code. He plugged it in and it came up, so it's all good I'll be sure to post plenty of pics!
Old 06-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Mustang Buster
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I will still order the package too, but I am afraid that it is only going to be the selfdimming mirror with the compass only, not with the Homelink and temp also. That is one of the types available last year, and the cheapest, so I guessing that is what it really is. Let us know and post pictures as soon as you can. I was supposed to order last week, but until the brochures come out and I can see all the options for myself, I am still a little leary about ordering.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I didn't know you could get it without the homelink, but upon reading the brochure again I see the one you're talking about. You are probably right, since it doesn't mention it in the order guide it is probably the cheapo one. Oh well, I wouldn't mind having the temp reading as well, so I might just spring for the better mirror and replace it Hey, it's only money