Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need Help WHATS WRONG with my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:00 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default Guys with verts, read this.

Well, I'll tell you guyssomething stupid thathappened to me recently. I had to ship something out via DHL. I spent quite a bit of time packinga set ofmufflers that had just been taken off. I took my long leather jacket off as things got warm inside and my keys plus remote access fob were in the jacket pocket. When I was done, my wife and I went outside and the trunk was still wide open from when I'd taken the loose mufflers out. There was so much room I decided to lay my jacket inside and proceeded to close the trunk. As soon as I heard the trunk close I remembered the keys were in the jacket. DOH!
Luckily, the car doors were open but I soon found out that in a vert the rear seat doesn't fold down so I could NOT access the trunk from the interior! I called FORD roadside assitance at which point I was told they could not access the trunk, only the interior. The only option from the roadside assistance gave me wastohavemy car towed to the nearest dealer and God knows what they would have done, taken the rear seat out?
I ended up calling my daughter and got her to drive 20 miles back to my house to get the other set of keys and then another 20 miles to bring them to me. If I didn't haveher to retrieve the other set of keys I would have been sh*t out of luck LOL. So for those of you with verts, unless you know how to completely remove your back seat to access the trunk and have the tools to do so, don't lock your keys in the trunk even if the car doors are open!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:31 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Guys with verts, read this.

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

Well, I'll tell you guyssomething stupid thathappened to me recently. I had to ship something out via DHL. I spent quite a bit of time packinga set ofmufflers that had just been taken off. I took my long leather jacket off as things got warm inside and my keys plus remote access fob were in the jacket pocket. When I was done, my wife and I went outside and the trunk was still wide open from when I'd taken the loose mufflers out. There was so much room I decided to lay my jacket inside and proceeded to close the trunk. As soon as I heard the trunk close I remembered the keys were in the jacket. DOH!
Luckily, the car doors were open but I soon found out that in a vert the rear seat doesn't fold down so I could NOT access the trunk from the interior! I called FORD roadside assitance at which point I was told they could not access the trunk, only the interior. The only option from the roadside assistance gave me wastohavemy car towed to the nearest dealer and God knows what they would have done, taken the rear seat out?
I ended up calling my daughter and got her to drive 20 miles back to my house to get the other set of keys and then another 20 miles to bring them to me. If I didn't haveher to retrieve the other set of keys I would have been sh*t out of luck LOL. So for those of you with verts, unless you know how to completely remove your back seat to access the trunk and have the tools to do so, don't lock your keys in the trunk even if the car doors are open!
Even then, you'll need either a torch, plasma cutter, or grinding wheel to access the truck in a vert from behind the rear seat. It's not open like on the coupes.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Guys with verts, read this.

if you open the trunk, you can tell if the battery is dead by seeing if the light is on or not.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Need Help WHATS WRONG with my Mustang

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Oh brother.....

There is a dealer supplied emergency entry tool in the trunk. It doubles a s lug wrench. You just swing it at the drivers window and poof, you are in.
ROTFLMAO man don't tell him that he will probably do it b4 he looks at the doorhandle a lil harder. The keyhole is kinda small, maybe he missed it the first time.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

small....its the same size as any other key made since the 10000 BC!! This is just a fake post!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shaman

ORIGINAL: TPony

Dang..never thought of that one. Your are locked out, with keys in hand. How the heck you open that door? That's a darn good question. Would be interested in reading other folks ideas....can you access the inside from the trunk? I dunno, never tried that...lets hear it fellows.
Shame on you too, shoulda just walked out to your garage and looked for yourself, LMAO :-P
[sm=youreright.gif]Yeah..no Shyt...I call that a seriouslack of "head-time-and spacing" on my part.....duh!. [sm=headbang.gif]
Old 02-10-2007, 04:45 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Here is what you should do..Lol.. open the trunk.. Get inside and try to push the rear seats a bit so that u can see them locked then get a screw and try to open it and ones its opened you can get inside.. afterthat open the hood and then get back out from the trunk (Don't use the door because I just want to make u tired) and then check the battery.

Lol..
Old 02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

small....its the same size as any other key made since the 10000 BC!! This is just a fake post!

+1 on that...

Rex
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

Fake or not, I had fun with it.