Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mac it is

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:04 PM
peteway
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mac it is

ORIGINAL: 00silverStang

Ok after months of pondering what axleback i should pair with my o/r h that i have sitting in my room i finally ran across some clips that completely make up my mind, might want to add this to the official exhaust thread! The contestants were violators, flows, and macs. But to me Macs take the cake. This is the exact sound i want. Anybody else agree this sounds sick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Rmntb5B5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKkMH...elated&search=[/align]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTRe...elated&search=[/align]
these are the first sound clips I have heard that actually does this setup any justice. even then you don't get the full affect. I used to have this setup on my car and let me tell you that you will DEFINITELY stand out. It's loud a hell and sounds great..... but it's also loud as hell in the car. you will have a interesting time trying to have a conversation and forget about using yourcell phone.
I kept my off road H and swaped the mac's for some violator axle backs. not because they sounded better but because they were quieter. the mac's are chambered mufflers.... like an echo chamber. makes it sound great but loud. other straight through mufflers will not be as loud outside and even more so inside the car.
If you want super loud and bad azz, this is the setup to get.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:53 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mac it is

[[/quote]

these are the first sound clips I have heard that actually does this setup any justice. even then you don't get the full affect. I used to have this setup on my car and let me tell you that you will DEFINITELY stand out. It's loud a hell and sounds great..... but it's also loud as hell in the car. you will have a interesting time trying to have a conversation and forget about using yourcell phone.
I kept my off road H and swaped the mac's for some violator axle backs. not because they sounded better but because they were quieter. the mac's are chambered mufflers.... like an echo chamber. makes it sound great but loud. other straight through mufflers will not be as loud outside and even more so inside the car.
If you want super loud and bad azz, this is the setup to get.
[/quote]

LOL...I know exactly what you're talking about with the talking on the phone thing. I was on the phone the other day with the windows down and I practically had to yell...the person on the other end loved it though since the car sounded so bad A$$.