Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GOING FOR 800 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Not been reading every post so not fully informed on your progress. Sort of on a similar quest. Come to the conclusion that ultra-modding requires lots of patience and progress can be very slow. One of my last mods, was a trailer. We put so much stress on these vehicles (high boost levels etc) that something is bound to break, snap or just come loose at the strip. Better to have all these issues now though. You'll be in great shape for the arrival of cooler/drier air in a month or so, down here in the deep south. Keep it going...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:00 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
Not been reading every post so not fully informed on your progress. Sort of on a similar quest. Come to the conclusion that ultra-modding requires lots of patience and progress can be very slow. One of my last mods, was a trailer. We put so much stress on these vehicles (high boost levels etc) that something is bound to break, snap or just come loose at the strip. Better to have all these issues now though. You'll be in great shape for the arrival of cooler/drier air in a month or so, down here in the deep south. Keep it going...
Oh belaive me it will keep moving forward . There is no stop in my game plan as of yet , just to many mods at once ,but it will all work out with a little time . What the hell its been 1.5 yrs since Ive driven the car so the trip to Dallas Sat. with 567 rwhp and 537 rwtq was fun even with the problems .
Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Well next week I will be picking up my car and riving it around 600 miles home. Hopefully all is well from then on and I can enjoy my baby again.

EBR, I thought 3-4 months was rough. 1.5 years would be miserable.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:04 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
Well next week I will be picking up my car and riving it around 600 miles home. Hopefully all is well from then on and I can enjoy my baby again.

EBR, I thought 3-4 months was rough. 1.5 years would be miserable.
It has been .
Old 08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

Started the car today and fuel presure is fine, so I pulled the pumps to ck for mishaps but all was well. Went for a short drive and the pumps are working fine . What the hell could cause this one day its fine and one day it is not ? I will have the new SJB on Tue to hopefuly solve the other issues with the windows and radio seems there is a TSB for this problem from water getting in the car . I hope this is the problem with the fuel pumps as well remember If I pull the relays under the hood then these things work fine and the fuel pump relay and fog lamp relay (2nd for the GT 500 pump fpdm) so maybe the SJB is affecting everthing.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

Default Update

Well guys its been a busy 5 or so weeks at work but I have managed to finaly get the issues worked out . First off the elec. problems with the windows radio and the ck charging system light coming on was the Buss fuse box under the hood it had a few busted terminals one of wich was the 12 supply for the smart junction box inside the car. So with that replaced the fuel issues where the next item to tackle . While on the dyno for the breakin tune I last posted the FP DC was at 85% with the GT40 pumps and MSD BAP so when I got the car home I found out the MSD unit was indeed only powering 1 fpdm . I then called JPC and the said to just split the wire to both fpdms and after talking to a few members here this can and has been done , but I was not to iterrested in doing that so I wired up this new setup with a 8ga. supply from the 175a batt terminal in the trunk and ran that to a 75a relay that is trigered by the green and yellow wire from the JDM harness (thisand the conectors is the only JDM harness part used)that comes from the Inersa switch then 12ga wires out to the fpdms then new 12ga shielded wires to the twin GT40 pumps in the GT500 basket in the tank then 2 -6 lines out that tee to a -8 line to the engine comartment then tee to 2 -6 lines to the rails . After doing all of this the car has a .34 (34% )dc at idle and at WOT is at only .60 (60%)and the MSD units give me 18v full time and up to 22v at 30 psi . So I am very happy to say the least about the direction I selected to withon the fuel setup at this point.The car will go back again tomarrow to finish the street tune and hopefully hit my mark of 600+rwhp for the street tune at 15 psi on 93oct . Here are some pics of the new fuel setup.
Attached Thumbnails  GOING FOR 800 RWHP-fuel-setup-1.jpg    GOING FOR 800 RWHP-fuel-setup-2.jpg    GOING FOR 800 RWHP-fuel-setup-4.jpg    GOING FOR 800 RWHP-fuel-setup-3.jpg    GOING FOR 800 RWHP-pict0010.jpg  

Old 10-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Crobeson78
1st Gear Member

why arent you going with 4:10s instead of the 3:73s?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ebr
Well guys its been a busy 5 or so weeks at work but I have managed to finaly get the issues worked out . First off the elec. problems with the windows radio and the ck charging system light coming on was the Buss fuse box under the hood it had a few busted terminals one of wich was the 12 supply for the smart junction box inside the car. So with that replaced the fuel issues where the next item to tackle . While on the dyno for the breakin tune I last posted the FP DC was at 85% with the GT40 pumps and MSD BAP so when I got the car home I found out the MSD unit was indeed only powering 1 fpdm . I then called JPC and the said to just split the wire to both fpdms and after talking to a few members here this can and has been done , but I was not to iterrested in doing that so I wired up this new setup with a 8ga. supply from the 175a batt terminal in the trunk and ran that to a 75a relay that is trigered by the green and yellow wire from the JDM harness (thisand the conectors is the only JDM harness part used)that comes from the Inersa switch then 12ga wires out to the fpdms then new 12ga shielded wires to the twin GT40 pumps in the GT500 basket in the tank then 2 -6 lines out that tee to a -8 line to the engine comartment then tee to 2 -6 lines to the rails . After doing all of this the car has a .34 (34% )dc at idle and at WOT is at only .60 (60%)and the MSD units give me 18v full time and up to 22v at 30 psi . So I am very happy to say the least about the direction I selected to withon the fuel setup at this point.The car will go back again tomarrow to finish the street tune and hopefully hit my mark of 600+rwhp for the street tune at 15 psi on 93oct . Here are some pics of the new fuel setup.
Using the heavier gauge wire was a wise choice and will give you better durability and a power source. Doing it right one time is better than fixing small issues later. @530/550tq with 60 lbs injectors, GT500 pumps and a dual BAP, I'm not even close to maxing out my fuel system says my tuner. As soon as you get it figured out and runnning on the dyno you should be closer to your mark of 800 rwhp.

My next goal 600 rwhp for the street and ~700 on 100 octane.

It won't be for a while but eventually.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Why didn't you guys just go with the dual GT500 fuel pumps instead of messing with those BAPs? If you plan to keep adding to your cars until you have crazy amounts of HP then those BAP will get maxed out and then you'll have to yet again change out fuel systems.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Crobeson78
why arent you going with 4:10s instead of the 3:73s?
4:10 suck with the auto I have been there.

Quick Reply: GOING FOR 800 RWHP