Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BB Turbo water line

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Default BB Turbo water line

Hi,

Have someone here with a BB turbo setup its water line on one of our cars?

I received half kit yesterday and was thinking on this and wanted to be ready once the rest arrives.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: BB Turbo water line

I have water lines run to my Turbos what information are you looking for?

Earl
Old 03-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Thanks refr8flyr,

I posted and flew out of the house, now I read that I didn't asked anything actually, sorry.

I want to know size/type of fittings, piping and where did you got them plugged.

Basically everything, asked the HP Performance people to send me at least the fittings that I will figure it out but they did not sent them.

I got their kit but with a 67BB

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

On my turbos the fitting size is ¼ inch, I used ¼ inch fittings and #4 braided lines on the turbos. I tapped into the heater line for supply because the front of the car was already complicated enough. I used 2 Y blocks with 5/8 in and ½ out in the heater line on the firewall with ½ to ¼ adapters for the #4 lines.

Earl
Old 03-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Thankyou Earl, that is somehow what I planned but wanted to know if anybody had found a solution in the front. I was going with SS lines, but braided lines should do well too and easier to install. I have a Garrett that some call a GT37R, a T4/T3 67mm with an HP Performance kit.

One final thing, what kind of oil are you using right now, even this BB turbos use less oil I'm kinda worried on what oil to use.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:01 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

I am currently using Mobil 1 5W20 but I am thinking about trying Motorcraft 5W50 this summer. One thing I wanted to point out, I don’t know if you have already installed an oil restrictor in your turbo line but you have to do this with the BB turbos.

Earl
Old 03-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Well, I have to check what oil lines come with the kit, I expect that being taking into account but I'll double check, thanks for the advice.

Regarding oil, I live with a weather of constant summer, so I would like to go up to 40 but I am worry of it being to thick for this engines.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:12 PM
ShadowMaster

The fittings are 1/4" so you should be in good shape once Tony sendsyou everything. Both of my 54mm turbos are ball bearing and pick up water from the block near the rear. Don't know about a restrictor like Earl mentioned but I have a check valve in my oil supply line (#3 AN size) going to the turbos. This prevents the turbos from sucking oil into the housings once you shut the engine off. Without it....you get oil into the cold side and then into the engine. Great for killing mosquitos.....bad for car. Oh yeah....use nothing but 5W-20 synthetic (Royal Purple) no matter where you live. I'm on the Texas gulf coast and that is all I'll ever use in this car. The man that designed the kit lives in California so his temperatures are at both extremes. He stated to use the 5W-20 synthetic all year. Period.