Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Satisfied for now

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HoorayBeer
how hard was the install, and what is your mechanic level?
any special tools?
The basic install was not very difficult, just time consuming. The Saleen instructions for the most part where very clear. The fact that I have an 09 and it seems Ford made some small changes to the 09 that nobody on the forums ever talked about made it a little challenging at times. 1) The alternator does not have the clutch pulley as does earlier years, this caused some confusion and some research but in the end had to assume that the stock pulley was OK to use. See a previous thread of mine . 2) The mounting for the coolant lines that run through the valley of the engine didn't seem to fit properly. I had to bend it a little so the line would seat properly once bolted down and not leak.

Began working on cars when I was 15 by helping my Dad with basic maintenance and small repairs on our family cars. I am now 40 and still enjoy doing my on work. I can safely say I have good "shade tree" mechanical experience. Although I have read several accounts have people with no mechanical experience install a supercharger and having much less problems than I had.

I have a fairly extensive tool set. The biggest item I had to buy prior to beginning the install was an inch/lbs torque wrench. I now wish I had purchased one of the special pliers to remove the hose clamps. It possibly would have saved time