Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No one can fix grinding/grunt from start!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

Default No one can fix grinding/grunt from start!

This has been a terrible experience.
I had SLP Loudmouths put on. - great
I had 4.10 gears put in. - great
I drove on those for a while, and then took the car in for a rear control arm noise.
When I went to pick up the vehicle, the "kid" hadn't put the trunk back together. (why was he in there). It was a mess, so he just laid the matt/cover back down again and pushed things back up into place. So that still runs through my head..why was he in there?

After that, I started noticing this grunt and rattle combo. It sounded like the bumber or trunk was rattling. Then It started getting really heavy so I thought there was an issue with the LSD.
I have taken it to the dealer soooo many times for this!
If I leave it, they can't replicate the issue.
If I drive them around in it, they say that their ears are bad anyway, but it sounds like the exhaust rattling under load to them....yet they can't fix it and said that the exhaust is all tightened down.

I told them that I don't care about the warranty coverage or not...just fix it!
Essentially, I was just blown off now, and this sound is driving me nuts.
I really hope that I can get my IPhone to pick up the sound by letting it sit in the back seat or trunk or something.

I even had opened a case with Ford, and they were being great...it is just that the dealer isn't doing much more than putting in coffee time.

While it was there this last time (yesterday), I also mentioned that the left, rear control arm is squeeking now, and the underside has a rattle as outlined in a TSB.
Did they touch it...nope.

Ugh!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Dude, take it to another dealer. I'm kinda surprised that Ford hasn't floated this idea (not too surprised tho).
Old 03-31-2010, 04:31 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Yeah take it to another dealer. appears this dealer the more you bring it to them the less they are going to help you. Maybe a new dealer will have a different perspective on your problem
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

sigh...that would seem like it would work right?...well, this is the other dealer (Cortese Ford in Rochester, NY). The guys are nice and all, but it just isn't getting the job done.
Vision Ford is where I bought it and they were doing more damage than good. They actually would break things on the car when I would take it in.
Let's see...a screw driver punched through the steering wheel bezel...a chunk taken out of the hand brake lever...battery acid on the carpet, which put a hole clear through it and then they blamed it on me...oh and they couldn't even open a fuze box without breaking a tab off.

It has been a tough ride owning this car...not to mention I have had two vandalisms.

Last edited by raredesign; 03-31-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-31-2010, 10:50 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by raredesign
sigh...that would seem like it would work right?...well, this is the other dealer (Cortese Ford in Rochester, NY). The guys are nice and all, but it just isn't getting the job done.
Vision Ford is where I bought it and they were doing more damage than good. They actually would break things on the car when I would take it in.
Let's see...a screw driver punched through the steering wheel bezel...a chunk taken out of the hand brake lever...battery acid on the carpet, which put a hole clear through it and then they blamed it on me...oh and they couldn't even open a fuze box without breaking a tab off.

It has been a tough ride owning this car...not to mention I have had two vandalisms.
Oh...my...God. That is terrible...
No one should have to deal with that crap...
I still say, try (yet) another dealership. There are a few out there that are decent; you've just got to find one.
As a side note, I actually went to school in dear old Rochester, NY. Are you from there or are you there for school, etc? How do you like the weather? :-P
Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 AM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HypromanGT
As a side note, I actually went to school in dear old Rochester, NY. Are you from there or are you there for school, etc? How do you like the weather? :-P
TANGENT WARNING:

HAHA, yea...that weather comment proves you know Rochester. Honestly, what is worse than the weather is the stupid construction they outsource. We have construction throughout the entire "good weather" months. A little over a year ago, I got off 390 onto Hylan Dr, into a huge amount of traffic on LOOSE STONES!...after getting major peices flung at the car, there was a large patch of wet tar they made us drive on...the thwap, thwap sounds clued me in that it was wet, and it took forever to get it cleaned up.

I tried to take them to small claims court for the chips and crap, but found out that they outsource it, and it wasn't worth the hassle.

I found out the next day that my boss actually was locked in at the Sam's Club parking lot next to the road, for 3 hours! They apparently were trying to rush the job and closed off everything and wouldn't let anyone through.

Yea, Rochester is horrible for that. I only stay because of the church I belong to...it makes it worth it. (ha, now you guys are just rolling your eyes)

~ born in Rochester, lived in PA for a bit, then moved back.
What school did you go to (college/high)? I was homeschooled, but went to the local highschool(version 2) called MCC, lol.

Last edited by raredesign; 04-01-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by raredesign
TANGENT WARNING:

HAHA, yea...that weather comment proves you know Rochester. Honestly, what is worse than the weather is the stupid construction they outsource. We have construction throughout the entire "good weather" months. A little over a year ago, I got off 390 onto Hylan Dr, into a huge amount of traffic on LOOSE STONES!...after getting major peices flung at the car, there was a large patch of wet tar they made us drive on...the thwap, thwap sounds clued me in that it was wet, and it took forever to get it cleaned up.

I tried to take them to small claims court for the chips and crap, but found out that they outsource it, and it wasn't worth the hassle.

I found out the next day that my boss actually was locked in at the Sam's Club parking lot next to the road, for 3 hours! They apparently were trying to rush the job and closed off everything and wouldn't let anyone through.

Yea, Rochester is horrible for that. I only stay because of the church I belong to...it makes it worth it. (ha, now you guys are just rolling your eyes)

~ born in Rochester, lived in PA for a bit, then moved back.
What school did you go to (college/high)? I was homeschooled, but went to the local highschool(version 2) called MCC, lol.
Wow, it sounds like they've managed to make it even MORE fun to live there since I left I went to college at RIT starting in 1999 and moved away a few months after I graduated in 2004. I'm originally from Maine, so cold weather wasn't a foreign thing to me, but the winters there are painful. I've also never seen such weird storms; clouds that will come by, drop a few inches of snow, then move away, the sun will come out for 10-15 minutes, and then the same clouds COME BACK again and drop a few more inches. I never had a car door freeze until I moved to Rochester. While I was there I think it happened to me 4-5 times. Then there were the 30-40 days of consecutive snowfall. Yeah, it's just a crazy place to spend a winter.

I don't remember having to deal with nearly that much construction, but it doesn't really surprise me. When you only have two months of doable weather, you gotta get it done somehow lol (okay, I'm exaggerating...a little).

...We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread topic...