Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

s197 Supercharged Intercool Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pony123
very freakin nice
Old 08-13-2010, 10:52 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
well I knew I would lose some boost due to the tubes and intercooler , just didn't think it would 2 pounds , I 'm using the 2.62 to get the 13 psi , I 'd rather run the 2.85 pulley so I don't run the Vortech rpms so high , thats why I 'm gonna change intake tube and go to 3" pipe . I don't actually run it ***** open much , most the time I'm just cruising. I had two track days ( about 8 passes ) and maybe ran it to 6ooo few other times , but I 've had the Vortech since march and most the time its in by-pass mode !
2 psi drop isn't too bad, it could have jumped your boost range from kicking it at 2800 to 3100.. that would suck.

lol dude, thats awesome about the pulley swap.. I thought about putting a smaller pulley to up the boost, but don't want to overboard and blow something lulz

running the stock vortech pulley right now.. pretty sure 8 psi going straight to the throttle body is enough, though I'd be curious to see if it can handle 10 psi.. most likely not, since it's blowing in hot *** air! rofl

You're not kidding about the bypass mode.. driving daily, I never get into boost. Not even on the highway.. makes me forget theres a blower under there, except for the whistling of course.

What times are you running?? interesting choice going with the V3.. I see most with X-chargers on sixxers.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:55 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
2 psi drop isn't too bad, it could have jumped your boost range from kicking it at 2800 to 3100.. that would suck.

lol dude, thats awesome about the pulley swap.. I thought about putting a smaller pulley to up the boost, but don't want to overboard and blow something lulz

running the stock vortech pulley right now.. pretty sure 8 psi going straight to the throttle body is enough, though I'd be curious to see if it can handle 10 psi.. most likely not, since it's blowing in hot *** air! rofl

You're not kidding about the bypass mode.. driving daily, I never get into boost. Not even on the highway.. makes me forget theres a blower under there, except for the whistling of course.

What times are you running?? interesting choice going with the V3.. I see most with X-chargers on sixxers.
yeah the spool up isn't bad , starts at 2500 and pulls to red line , oh if you get an intercooler for sure u can pulley swap ( you'll need a good tuner ) my buddies gt makes 464 to the rear tires with 11 #s of boost from a whipple . well i like the x .....but not the price !!! and then another 1000 for an intercooler .... id just trade my car in lol total i have about about 3600 in everything . thats cheaper then the x by it s self !!!! well my times could b better , but it was 92 degrees and i have stock p zero tires with open diff and 3.35 gears , even though , I ran a 13.52 @104 with a 2.1 60' with some tires and cooler weather high 12's would b no problem ! and oh yes .... god I love that whistle !!!! f-n people are snapping necks to see what that jet noise is !!!